• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

new to forum - need suggestions

jerry119

Hello to all! I am new to this Forum and have enjoyed reading most all the posts so far listed. I am thinking of buying a GT/CS from a person I know. It was originally equipped with a 6-cyl. and auto trans. It was converted to a 289 with a 4-speed. It is in good condition. Does the engine/trans conversion hurt the value if I were to resell it at some time? Would it be better to have left the original 6-cyl and auto trans intact - the current owner does not have them to put back into the car. I am open to comments/suggestions. Thanks, Jerry.

68sunlitgold

jerry119,
for the purist a none matching car, engine and car VIN # not matching which is the case for your car, will hurt the value. But the good news is the V8's are wanted more than the I6's. I would believe you could still get out of it what you put in it, but I do not think it will be a great investment if you plan to sell it quickly.
Doug