• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rear valance

twoclassics

On the GT/CS cars I see some of the rear valances cut out for the rear exhaust and some are not, what is the difference, I am thinking the cut outs are for maybe a GT dual exhaust option, and the non cutouts are for single exhaust, is that correct thanks Chuck

CalPaul

I believe that originally the cutouts are for the cars with the factory GT option. At any point however you could have installed one of these yourself.

bbeatty

Your are correct. The cut outs are for the GT dual exhaust. ;D

I love the look. I wish I had been smart enough to put the dual exhaust valance on my car when I had it painted. :(

quicknick

The key here is to find an OEM valance. I have yet to see an aftermarket GT valance fit properly.
I returned 3 different valances from 3 different Mustang suppliers to get one that came close. Then I still had to make a few modifications to make it look good.
IMHO, pay the extra bucks for an original part and save yourself a big headache.
My .02 Nicholas