• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Black CS Project

Ruppstang

Here is my next project it is black too. We will be picking it up next week as well.
Marty

Attachments

• Photo Apr 26, 3 45 30 PM.jpg
    Photo Apr 26, 3 45 30 PM.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 50
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Super.
Mine will have the Deluxe Nugget Gold interior, TMI's one piece headliner, can't decide on a factory console or Hump Hugger (I have both), Gold striping, Shelby 10 spokes.
It is a J code, A/T, A/C, P/S, P/B. I've been thinking of the GT valance, but the repro's are really poor fitting.
I've already got a CS grill (from Mike), Marchal lights, all new glass, and I'll be upgrading the A/C to the rotary compressor.
My son-in-law wants to jazz up the 302 performance, and I want an Edelbrock 500CFM carb, and send the 4300 carb to my adopted son, Rob, for his inventory.

Neil

Attachments

• IMG_0191.JPG
    IMG_0191.JPG
    142 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 41

1968Cally

Super.
Mine will have the Deluxe Nugget Gold interior, TMI's one piece headliner, can't decide on a factory console or Hump Hugger (I have both), Gold striping, Shelby 10 spokes.
It is a J code, A/T, A/C, P/S, P/B. I've been thinking of the GT valance, but the repro's are really poor fitting.
I've already got a CS grill (from Mike), Marchal lights, all new glass, and I'll be upgrading the A/C to the rotary compressor.
My son-in-law wants to jazz up the 302 performance, and I want an Edelbrock 500CFM carb, and send the 4300 carb to my adopted son, Rob, for his inventory.

Neil
Now the fun of assembly begins. I love that phase of doing a complete restoration. You can work all day and barely get your hands dirty.

robert campbell

Super.

Neil

Dad,
Can you send me the cast date on the 4300? Might have a home for it.

Now, let me and your son-in-law jazz that bad boy up!! Can you spell Weiand Supercharger??

son

p51

...and I want an Edelbrock 500CFM carb, and send the 4300 carb to my adopted son, Rob, for his inventory.

Neil

Neil

You may want to look at Edelbrock's new AVS2 series of carbs (intro'ed 11/2017). Looks like they are exactly the same as the Performer series (1403, 1406, etc) but with primary annular discharge boosters replacing the down-leg boosters on Performers (as well as a tune-able airflap for the vac secondaries). The reviews online seem to be all positive (some claiming that it's got the throttle response of EFI) and Edelbrock is pricing it competitive with the Performer series... I think the inexpensive EFI units are forcing the carb guys to innovate a bit.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/carburetors/avs2.shtml

James

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I spotted this Black CS photo by Tim (midnightspecial) on another site. Hopefully my project will be done by next spring.

Neil

Attachments

• Black CS3.jpg
    Black CS3.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 58

Midnight Special

...Arlie is correct and the odometer still goes backwards ;-) The car was originally C-code, Sunlit Gold with black stripe that was redone Black/Gold with 302 4-spd. before I bought it. I had the entire suspension rebuilt to include heavy sway bars, re-gearing the diff. etc... to make sure Steve "rvrtrash" wouldn't catch us on the climbing turns with the Orange Mach I.

Rob, the 390 cars are Red 4-spd. and Highland Green C6. :)

'Can't wait to see Neil's complete!

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 55

p51

I love the black/gold color combo esp in CA when combined with the old black/gold tags. I'm not a big fan of the shape of the '65/'66 fastbacks except when they are painted the Hertz rent-a-racer black-n-gold and have hood/side scoops. That somehow makes a fastback look *really* nice.

robert campbell

...Arlie is correct and the odometer still goes backwards ;-) The car was originally C-code, Sunlit Gold with black stripe that was redone Black/Gold with 302 4-spd. before I bought it. I had the entire suspension rebuilt to include heavy sway bars, re-gearing the diff. etc... to make sure Steve "rvrtrash" wouldn't catch us on the climbing turns with the Orange Mach I.

Boy getting old is tough!! I have CRS and CRAFT!! "Can't Remember Stuff" and Can't Remember A Friggin Thing"

Their might be some R rated versions of those diseases!!

Rob

rvrtrash

And to think I was afraid of coming around a blind corner and stuffing the nose of the Mach 1 into your taillights! I think I got played! :tongue:

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

302 torn down this week. I'm concerned the bore is .060 oversize. I am comfortable with .040 oversize, but .060 seems too much.
Opinions, please.

Neil