• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2006 Calendar - Get your photos in! - Deadline Sept 26

390cs68rcode

I have asked to have a few extra days. By 390 was going to be ready after a transmission rebuild yesterday and today was photo shoot day but it will have to wait until next week. Maybe a shot with down trees in the background would be good for the calendar? ;)

hookedtrout

How many of those on the calendar list this year are owners that made the calendar last year if any? If there are some on the list that were in the calendar last year I would suggest we offer those that didn't make the calendar last year first option on this year if the photo is acceptable in quality etc and vote on the remainder of those that were in the calendar last year so everyone has a chance at making a calendar.

Just a suggestion.

Cory

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Cory,

I understand your reasoning, but I think it should still be a straight vote for a couple of reasons.

1. Only 3 of this years entries were in the calendar last year. Because there are more than 13 other entries there wouldn't be a remainder of last years entries to vote on. They would just be automatically discarded, which I don't think is fair.

2. I think the calendar should showcase the best photos possible.

If a majority of the entries were repeats from last year I would see a reason to maybe mix it up a bit. But I don't think 3 is too many.

hookedtrout

I'm good with that Jon, I didn't know what the mix was, I guess the big thing I was getting at is I don't want to see the same photos on this years calendar that were on last years calendar simply because they were well taken photos, I'd much rather see different cars so each year we add to the collection and eventually we have calendars with everyone's cars. But I'll cast my vote like everyone else and how ever it turns out I'll support it.

Cory

PFSlim

I could not agree more with Cory. There are so many nice cars in our gallery section and people who support this site. I will vote for the best cars and pic's but would also like to ensure those who really want their car on the calendar, get in.

3 is not to many. Once again Jon, we members appreciate your work on this calendar. Without you and your interest, we could not have the calendar. Keep up the great work you are doing!!! ;D ;D

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, the deadline has come and gone. We have a total of 20 cars submitted (see the list just a few posts before this one)

I'll work on the voting page and probably start Thurs or Fri.

Thanks everyone!