• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. New GT/CS Registry

somethingspecial

To the good folks of the California Special Mustang community:

Effective 09-01-2011, the New California Special Registry will be launched and will work Hand in Hand with The High Country Special Registry and Californiaspecial.com. The Previous Registry run by Paul M. Newitt will stand as a testimony of his 26+ years of dedication to the preservation of the California Special Mustang and is listed in his new book. Since Paul has resigned as Registrar and made access to the archives of the past registry impossible, we must start from scratch on a New Registry. This will take some time, so please be patient. The registries will updated as quickly and accurately as possible. If someone sees an error, please bring it to our attention.

I have spoken to Bob Teets and Jon Hanna and we all agree on the following:

I, Mike Jewell will become the New GT/CS Registrar and will be responsible for updating and keeping a hard copy of the Registry.

Bob Teets will continue to be the High Country Special Registrar and will keep and maintain the HCS Registry.

Jon Hanna will resurrect the CS.com online Registry with hopefully links to the Garage Section of the CS.com site. Bob Teets and I will keep Jon updated on new entries so he can keep the web version up to date.

Both Bob Teets and I recognize California special.com as the OFFICIAL WEB SITE for the Registries and the California Special/HCS Mustang Community.

This Registry is a DATA BASE for ALL GT/CS owners and will never be the SOLE PROPERTY of any one individual.

We are open to suggestions and ideas on how to make a better Registry and we are currently working on an online “fill in the blanks” fact sheet to make it easier to register you car. If you have previously submitted a Marti Report or factory invoice with your Registry information, I would like to ask if you can re-submit the same information again to the new registry. An electronic emailable version would be fine.

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION:
All personal contact information, i.e. Addresses, phone numbers etc. will be kept confidential and will ONLY be released with permission from that individual. This includes current and previous owners. Only names of current owners will be listed on the Registry unless requested to be kept confidential.

You can make submissions or inquiries through the following:

GT/CS Registry
Mike Jewell
P.O. Box 382
Chicago Park, CA 95712
mikej@bigbytes.com or here on the forum: somethingspecial.

High Country Special Registry:
Marty Rupp
101 Pleasentview Circle
Weeping Water, NE 68463
402-416-7107
ruppstang@gmail.com or PM here on the forum: ruppstang

Californiaspecial.com Online version of the Registry:
Jon Hanna Webmaster Email) webmaster@californiaspecial.com or PM here on the forum: ADMIN.

New Model Registry, 2007-2008/2011-2012, see:
Ron Davis New Model Registrar: Website: http://www.gtcsregistry.com/ . Because of the Complexity of his Registry and Website, he must have you visit there to register your new model car.

Sincerely: Mike Jewell Email: mikej@bigbytes.com

Last edited by a moderator:

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Mike and I had a good talk the other night and I'm excited to get the ball rolling on this.

For years I had an online Registry submission form here on the site. It was one of my key goals in starting the site back in 2000; get more cars into the Registry by leveraging the power of the internet.

In the years that it was up roughly 450 cars were submitted. I still have all that info in an online, searchable database. It simply needs to be dusted off and reviewed in the context of where the Registry is headed now. I'll work with Mike and Bob to do that and hopefully have it back up and running soon.

I want to thank Mike in advance for the hard work it's going to take to be a Registrar. There's no question that it was hard, tedious and often thankless work that Paul Newitt put in running the Registry for all these years. It will be the same for Mike and he understands and accepts that.

J.Bart

i have recently found a 68 gt/cs that didn't make the new book, i'll gather that info and get it to mike.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

i have recently found a 68 gt/cs that didn't make the new book, i'll gather that info and get it to mike.

Bart, I found two more not in the registry yesterday in Pleasanton, Ca. at a Goodguys Car Show. One C code and One X code. The owners are going to email me the information.

robert campbell

Mike,
After meeting you personally, I can think of no other person more balanced and fair, yet knowledgeable on the cars, to run this. Thanks for stepping up and doing this! Bob Teets and Jon, Thank you so much! For all the past work and your friendship!

A new day has dawned!

Rob

PS. when do I get that 390 carb? Or at least send me the list number and parts number of the float bowl you need. If I got a good one, it is yours for free!

CougarCJ

Did and done! Thanks to Mike, Bob, Jon, and the rest of the GT/CS family.
Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

rvrtrash

Thank you to all three of you. You have admirable goals, and if there is anything I can do to help, feel free to ask.

Steve

bcallmac

Hi Mike

I think this is fantastic news. *I have been lurking on this site for a long time and finally signed up for an account. *My dad and had been looking for a car for quite sometime and without the help of a couple folks on this site we wouldn't have the beautiful car we have now. *We bought the car about three weeks ago from someone who had taken incredible care of the car and ae having a blast.*

What information should we send you for the registry? We're really new at this and want to make we get you what you would need for the registry.*

Regards

Bob

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Hi Mike

What information should we send you for the registry? We're really new at this and want to make we get you what you would need for the registry.*

Regards

Bob

Bob, Welcome and Congrats on your new car. Until we get the new questionair finished, you can send the full VIN and the Door data information. If the door data plate is missing the ink , just send the numbers that are visible, if the door data plate is missing, we'll need a Marti Report to verify the door data.

To truly Verify cars are true California Specials, We need either a Basic Marti Report and or the factory invoice. Kevin Marti can supply you with both. You can reach Marti Auto Works at http://www.martiauto.com/contactus.cfm, or see the link at http://californiaspecial.com/resources.htm#g.

You can send this information to my email address listed below.

Thanks again Bob and welcome.

limelyt

I know the three of you will do an outstanding job. Let us know if there is anything you need help with...design...graphics, you name it. We are one big happy family.

bcallmac

Hi Mike,

When we send you our car info should we also indicate if the car has been restored or is in original condition?

Thanks

Bob

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Wanted data

Bob, and anyone else who will be sending info in to go into the new Registry. Please wait until the new Data form is online. Jon is working on it and it will include areas for Accolades and condition of car. Please be patient, as Jon is extremely busy and this takes time. We are not going anywhere. Like I said above in another reply, if you want to send the data to my personal email, that would be fine, but we still want the Data form filled out so we don't miss anything about your car. Thanks. Mike

68 special

This is the best news. Having the registry right here for ALL to enjoy and view. Congrats to the 3 of you.

Bret

p51

Thanks Mike for taking on being CS Registrar.

Here's my $0.02...

It really seems that in this day and age that the only registry should be an on-line registry. A hard copy is a nice-to-have but IMO unnecessary.

Here's just a proposal. Certainly better ideas or more easily implementable ideas may (likely?) exist.

In my mind there should be a couple of goals for getting the registry in shape...

(1) Make the Registry as complete as possible, as quickly as possible, and as easily as possible.

Toward that end I'd suggest taking the Registry information in the back of Paul's book and creating an on-line entry for each car with this minimum info already included. This snapshots on-line the basic info that currently exists. Now this is a lot of work... unless you use OCR or have someone's energetic teenager working for minimum wage... or both :grin:

(2) Have the owners add as much detail as they'd like.

Lock the entries for the general public but allow owners to access their own car's entry to add details, history, photos, etc. This could be done by having an owner emailing Mike a scanned copy of a Marti report, invoice, etc. to prove ownership. Then Mike provides a unique password to that owner to unlock his car's entry to edit it.

When ownership passes to someone else the new owner either just gets the password from the old owner or else emails a Marti, etc to Mike to prove ownership and gets a new password.

(3) Anyone not already in the Registry sends a scanned Marti, etc to Mike and he provides a new clean entry for their car.

James

747Driver

Mike, I just stumbled across another car being restored right here in Dixon that is not in Paul's database. I'll get it's info to you. Bye the way, that FoMoCo headlight is still yours whenever you're coming my way. Josh Johnson