• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Winter Projects Completed? Finished My Seats!

njmop

After HOURS of hacking up my hands, striping paint and rust, removing and restoring parts and pieces, my seats are complete. I got this set of 69 seats on ebay and finally got around to doing them for my CS. I wanted seats with headrests and the 69s are cheaper and easier to get than the 68's. I'll keep my good 68s for the future.

These 69s were treated to freshly painted sliders and frames, new burlap (itchy and dusty!), and new covers front and rear (68 rear seats).

So, now that it's spring, anyone else finish a job on the list this winter???

Attachments

• 69 seat 21.JPG
    69 seat 21.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0395.JPG
    IMG_0395.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0544.JPG
    IMG_0544.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0546.JPG
    IMG_0546.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 33

tworings

We are expecting to get car out of shop any day now - getting complete new interior (from carpets to headliner) and also had new vinyl roof installed. We also got '69 seat backs for headrests. I can't wait to see how it all comes out! ~Tworings

joedls

I did the same for my 65 convertible a couple of years ago. It's real hard on the hands if you aren't used it. They look great!!!

I finished a whole drivetrain replacement this winter. Blown 347, AOD, limited slip rearend, new exhaust, subframe connectors, and traction bars. Let the fun begin..........

case12

I like recovering seats (which I did on my 66). It can be hard, but you feel really good when you look at it, and it looks so good. I still have not found good hog ring pliers - I still use needle noose. Casey

somethingspecial

I put the motor back in the 68 coupe yesterday. Just waiting on the trans. The interior is done. Just small stuff now. Maybe by the end of next week.

The 390 CS only has some small stuff now as well. Making the final order for parts tomorrow. Maybe another month, and she is done. Can't wait to turn that key. I haven't heard that car roar to life in over 24 years.

Then I will start on the C code CS, Upgrading to a 428 PI, Top loader 4 speed. That should only be a weekend job. Ha Ha, I know, Famous last words, but I've got this big block stuff down now.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Nice job on the seats. I did the same thing with the '69 seats to get the head rests. Obviously not concours, but great mod for a daily driver.