• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Console Color- Availability

PB gtcs

Paul and I are rebuilding a Blue car, Blue interior. We need a console. Should the console for a blue interior be Blue or Black??

If so, does anyone have a console for sale?? We have seen one on Ebay for about dlrs 200. What do they usually sell for?? Any advise??

Brian

rvrtrash

My guess would be a blue console to match the interior. Consoles seem to go for around $250.00 or so, depending on condition.
Steve

68sunlitgold

Brian,
I agree, the color will match the interior. I have seen many blue consoles for sale on both ebay and Vintage Mustang Forum. As Steve said, I have seen them go for as high as $300, but a good driver quality console should sell for under $200. You will also need all the additional parts, shifter, radio bracket, radio knobs, wiring, etc. I have purchased console parts over the last 3 years to make 3 consoles (one for each of my cars). Don't worry about what color you get because the plastic can easily be painted and the pads can be dyed. Good luck
Doug