• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saying of the Week, and other Famous Quotes

p51

"You don't know who's swimming naked until the tide goes out" :eek:
- Buffett (Warren, not Jimmy)

CJ

Fear No Evil

Though I fly through the valley of death I shall fear no evil. For I am at 80000 ft and still climbing.

p51

"My wife says to me last night 'Lets go upstairs and make love!'
And I repsonded: 'Dear, I'm 78. Pick either one of the two, not both' "
- Warren Buffet (paraphrase from an NPR story)

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

“There are no easy answers but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right.” - Ronald Reagan

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"Worried that their son was too optimistic, the parents of a little boy took him to a psychiatrist. Trying to dampen the boy’s spirits, the psychiatrist showed him into a room piled high with nothing but horse manure. Yet instead of displaying distaste, the little boy clambered to the top of the pile, dropped to all fours, and began digging. 'What do you think you’re doing?' the psychiatrist asked. 'With all this manure,' the little boy replied, beaming, 'there must be a pony in here somewhere.'" - Ronald Reagan

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

“Look for opportunity. You can’t wait for it to knock on the door . . . you might not be home.” - Jinger Heath

CougarCJ

A pessimist is someone that complains about the noise, when opportunity knocks.

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd." - Max Lucado

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” - Mark Twain

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." - Abraham Lincoln

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

“A market is never saturated with a good product, but it is very quickly saturated with a bad one.” - Henry Ford

OP
OP
Mustanger

Mustanger

"Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and their politicians as jokes." - Will Rogers

franklinair

"When role is called in Congress, the members don't know whether to answer 'Present' or 'Not guilty'.
Teddy Roosevelt

Neil