• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Seafoam Green GT/CS on eBay Again

case12

With all the documentation on this car, the shape it is in (it looks concourse), and the previous owner from this site vouching for it, this would be a real nice car for a CS lover. Casey

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Isn't this the car that sold for $30,000 a few months ago?

BroadwayBlue

Mustanglvr

He probably bought it for $30,000 and then thought he`d resell it for a good profit. I think he should just hold on to it until after the new GT/CS starts selling and then try to resell it.

RedGTvert

390cs68rcode said:
I thought this is the same original seller, just using a different Ebay name. I could be wrong............

I think you are right. If you look at the new ad vs. the old one, same style.

This is the same guy who has had this car on EBAY for the 4th time and yet no buyers . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968...oryZ6465QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have seen that same identical car advertised from a guy in England at the same time, most of the pics identical. Something is fishy about this seller.

I am new here, mostly lurking to see if I can find a nice CS. What are the chances of finding a 390? Can you give me some leads on looking other than the usual. Other than EBAY, some of the ads running on a lot of those collector sites are old, cars have been sold for years. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

So are you saying that Dixiefinecars won the original eBay auction and bought the car for $30,000 from Zach or that Zach is Dixiefinecars?

icecreamman

Hi its Zack yes this was my car and I sold it to a guy named rricci on ebay now his brother dixie fine car is trying to sell it for rricci.The car was never for sale in England unless someone stole pic of it.Yes I sold it for 30,000 ....I asked dixie why he lowered the price on the car and he reply to me was that his brother wanted to sell the car to buy a 2003 Z06 for 32,000 but now they found one for 26900.00 and bought it and want to unload the mustang for the same price.

I owned this car for a few years and Someone who is interested will have a hard time to find one with 50,000 documented miles with all the original documents in the condition it is in and in my opinion for the current selling price.

This car is one nice car as you can see from the pics they took.

Zack

icecreamman

Oh if you want the phone number for dixie fine cars I did a search on google and it comes up.

Zack

390cs68rcode

I am new here, mostly lurking to see if I can find a nice CS. What are the chances of finding a 390? Can you give me some leads on looking other than the usual. Other than EBAY, some of the ads running on a lot of those collector sites are old, cars have been sold for years. Thanks for your input.

390's are hard to find. I put a $1000 finders fee up on this site and 1 month later someone found the car I bought on a Canadian Mustang club website for sale. I bought it and paid the $1000 finders fee to the person who located the listing.

RedGTvert

icecreamman said:
The car was never for sale in England unless someone stole pic of it.
Zack

Sorry for the confusion, I was speaking about the Shelby. It is showing on two different sites for $109K, owner in England. Maybe Dixie bought it, and now is trying to sell, just found it interesting that it is listed by two different folks.

RedGTvert

390cs68rcode said:
390's are hard to find. I put a $1000 finders fee up on this site and 1 month later someone found the car I bought on a Canadian Mustang club website for sale. I bought it and paid the $1000 finders fee to the person who located the listing.

Thats a great idea. Thanks for the your suggestion. Tell me more about your 68.5 CJ. I have been looking at a 69 vert Q code, but it is a little rough for the price. Trying to determine what it would cost to bring back to concours or close to it.

I just had a 70 R code CJ run through Barrett, and would like to replace with something special.

BroadwayBlue

I could be wrong... but I do recall a scam posted on eBay using the same pics from the dixie auction - it was pulled fairly quick. It was one of those starting at $100.00 with no reserve types

That had added to the confusion a few months back and Zack cleared that up.

390cs68rcode

RedGTvert said:
Thats a great idea. Thanks for the your suggestion. Tell me more about your 68.5 CJ. I have been looking at a 69 vert Q code, but it is a little rough for the price. Trying to determine what it would cost to bring back to concours or close to it.

I just had a 70 R code CJ run through Barrett, and would like to replace with something special.

nothing terribly special about my 68 CJ. Red fastback. Has a 69 dated block. We have taken the motor apart and have located and installed all the correct 68 CJ parts on it. Just waiting on a power steering pulley and we will be ready to roll. Sent off the AC plenum to be restored, new carpet, rechromed original bumpers and a bunch of other freshening stuff.