• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2008 GT/CS and HCS Anniversary Show

RacingFan

Howdy again folks. After just returning from Nashville, I noticed that alot of clubs and car models got together for a big reunion. Saleens, Boss's, K Codes, etc, during ths show. I think we should start planning the 40th Anniversary for our cars! A few thoughts (rambling, please forgive me..) ;D
Although I would love to have the cars return to San Jose for the reunion, I don't know if that makes sense logistically. It is quite a drive for us folks on the East Coast, however, I do understand that we have a HUGE population of these cars in California (duh on my part!).
I am suggesting doing the reunion during the MCA National Show in 2008. I don't think they have announced the location/date yet, but it would probably bring more cars as well as not interfer with other shows.
Of course we would include all of the HCS cars from 66-67 in the show!
2008 would give us enough time to get the logo, t-shirts, planning, etc completed and allow enough time to plan the event. I would like to volunteer to begin the work, if you all would allow me to do this for us.
Please, please, post some thoughts on this subject! I am interested in hearing from everyone, and making sure that this show is a group effort! Thanks guys and gals!

iexcelr8

Hi, Dave. This is Chris Kreiner, the guy with the fake GT/CS convertible that you met yesterday at the gas station somewhere in eastern TN. I obviously took your advice and got a user ID for this board. Sign me up for the reunion. After the 1100 mile round trip this weekend (work plus the Nashville show), I'm confident my GT/CS will make it to California if necessary.

It was nice meeting you and your great looking car.

Best regards.

OP
OP
R

RacingFan

:D
Hi Chris! Welcome to the site! Thanks for the compliments on the car, I enjoy driving it alot. Lets face it all, we love getting the attention! hehe
To all the old timers on this site, Chris is a super guy I met on the way back from Nashville. I pulled up behind him at a gas station near Bristol (I think, long drive) and walked up to him to ask about his GT/CS convertible. Lol, the first thing he said was that it was a conversion, that Ford never made a GT/CS convertible. I kinda laughed and agreed, then pointed to my car on the trailer, explaining that I was kind of a fan as well. Anyways, we both agreed that Ford SHOULD have made a convertible model! Chris's was very well done and looked terrific! And he was driving it, rather than trailering it to the show, my hats off to him! So I would appreciate it if everyone would welcome Chris as a new member, we can use all of the fans we can get, and Chris's car is certainly an attention getter!

68sunlitgold

RacingFan,
I think it is an great idea, plus 2008 gives me a chance to get back to the states and my cars so I can have it ready by then. I think the individuals on this site could put in a helping hand to complete what needs to be done. If you combine it with the MCA event, most of the ground organization work would be done by them, just the "special" group stuff needs to be completed. I say GO FOR IT!
Doug

68gt390

Dave;
What's up? It was great to meet you and see your car. Great looking machine. I to had the pleasure of meeting Bob Teets and agree, he is a super fellow. Was able to gather a great deal of info from him and he also has a great looking machine. Hopefully, next time we meet I'll be able to show you my GT/CS. Had a thought today on the way home - We are next door neighbors - Would be great to cruise to a show in your area this summer and maybe plan a get together. As for the show, would have been much better had we not had to park in rocks and gravel. All I could hear when pulling in was stones bouncing off my exhaust. Either way still had a great time and wouldn't trade the experience for anything. Sorry, kinda got off the subject of this post. Organizing a get together for the GT/CS, and HCS car's would be great. I'm sure there would be plenty of interest. I'm willing to help in anyway I can, just let me know.

Don ;D ;D ;D

68gt390

[quote author=iexcelr8 link=board=1;threadid=876;start=0#msg4835 date=1082399339]
Hi, Dave. This is Chris Kreiner, the guy with the fake GT/CS convertible that you met yesterday at the gas station somewhere in eastern TN. I obviously took your advice and got a user ID for this board. Sign me up for the reunion. After the 1100 mile round trip this weekend (work plus the Nashville show), I'm confident my GT/CS will make it to California if necessary.

It was nice meeting you and your great looking car.

Best regards.
[/quote]

Chris;
Welcome to the site. Didn't get a chance to see your car at the show, would have loved that. Was running around too much and looking at all the stuff. I noticed your from NC. My son lives in Cary, NC and I usually drive back to see him and my grandson each summer. It would be great to maybe see if we could hook up when I come back this summer and I could get a look at your car. Hopefully, if everything goes good I will have all my interior done in the next few weeks. As for the GT/CS and HCS gathering, it would be kinda neat for those of us on the east coast to hook up and drive to it together. What a site to see all those special car's in a group going some where. Owner, 68 GT 390 Coupe and 68 GT/CS 390 4 speed.

Don ;D 8)

iexcelr8

Hi, Don. Thanks for the welcome. I did not enter my car in the show, so you would have only seen it if you happened by it in the parking lot on Saturday.

I'm not sure how you get from Ohio to Cary, NC but if your travels take you to either I-77 or NC US 52 to I-40, you'll pass very close to where I live: Winston-Salem. I'd be happy to meet you for lunch or just a few minutes of bench racing if you pass this way. Just shoot me an email when you firm up your travel plans and I'm sure we can work something out.

And I agree that a GT/CS and HCS caravan would be something to see and remember. Let's do it!

Chris