-- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS


Old 04/05/2003, 10:35 PM   #1

Joined: Mar 03
Posts: 48

The dash roll-top thing

Well I couldn't figure out why my "new" '68 Philco wouldn't fit, so I went back to where I bought it. I guess my radio (chrome) bracket thing that has the roll-top door was cut/modified. The two holes where yah put the knobs into have been modified for a non-stock stereo. So...I need to buy a new one. ARGH!! $$ Anyone have ideas of where I can buy the chrome piece & what is the piece called?

Also, anyone know a place that has "aqua" colored int. replacement parts?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	csint.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	73  
erselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2003, 01:51 PM   #2
My Car Details
68sunlitgold's Avatar
GT/CS nut

Location: Alexandria, VA
Joined: Aug 02
Posts: 1,331

Re:The dash roll-top thing

The offical name is "console finish front", part number C8ZB-65045B44-A, but most call it something like "chrome console radio panel". They can be found on ebay alot, do a search for "68 console", just make sure they do not have the radio post area cut (like the one you have).
68sunlitgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.

This site created, owned and maintained by Jon Hanna - Copyright 1996-2011
All rights reserved. is not affiliated with Ford Motor Company

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.