• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Value of original docs for CaliSpecial

HappyHour

Hey guys still trying to get my head around what "documentation" is worth when looking at GT\CS?

Is that being the original sales receipt\invoice to owner when it was first bought? Or does that translate into being able to document history of car through its owners.

Just trying to sort out why a really nice 90% restored GT\CS (with the wrong color just closed on eBay) would sell for slightly more ($2K) than a daily driver that could use some work (new top, engine rebuild, new paint, etc) but has original docs of ownership from sole owner.

Thanks for thoughts and opinions...

OP
OP
HappyHour

HappyHour

The first was the blue one in Truth or Consequences NM. She had it listed twice first time at $13K and then $11K (both times didnt hit reserve around $16K). The car looks pretty well restored and clean for $13K bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=320145898397&rd=1

The other was the "yahoo" car guy who swore he was gonna stick the GT\CS in warehouse if he didnt get $15K (ended up selling for $13K bid). It has original papers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=320145487297&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=011

Let me know if the links dont work...

Mosesatm

I think that some day, when our cars reach the 6-figure mark, the documentation will be much more important than it is now. People don't seem to place a lot of value on documents for a $15,000 car.

case12

I think I said this in a similar thread. I would pay more (maybe a couple thousand more) for a GT/CS with documentation than without. Mine came with original warranty cards, manual, warranty book, service book, and build sheet. It would have been nice to have the original bill of sale, but I am happy with what I got. I love to show the original documents off at Mustang shows.

I was also given a box of parts that included just about anything original ever removed (to the nuts and bolts, ash tray, tower clamps, regulator, carberator, etc - but not wheels:icon_bore ).

However, I would be just as proud to own any GT/CS (with a Marti Report). I met a gentleman at the Springfield MCA National that had a Black with White strips GT/CS with a 429 in it. I would love to have that one, and it has no paper work. Casey