• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Data Plate

speedy02

I was wondering if there is anyway to get the info for the data plate off of the vin in the windshield. If i need to do a Marti report to find this info out and also how to have one made to exact of what the car orgnially had.

Talan423

the marti report will have all of that on it. you can also order the data plate and attaching rivets from him too.

68sunlitgold

speedy02,
You will have to get a Marti report to get the exact data plate info. If you know some of the things on your car are still original, somethings can be deduced. About the only things you will not be able to know from your car are: build date (although some parts have a date code to get you in the park but nothing exact) and DSO. The other things you can get from the car (if it is original).

Now after saying that, get a marti report, and they also reproduce data plates. So you can kill 2 birds with one stone.

Doug

rvrtrash

You can also contact Ford Customer Service for the basic info. It doesn't have all the info the Marti report has but it has major options, build date, etc., and it's free. It does take a month or so to get it. If you go to Ford's website and navigate through to customer relations, or something like that, there is a toll free number. Give them your VIN and ask for a report on original equipment and options for your car.
Steve

admin

Staff member
Administrator
If you click on "VIN REPORTS" to your left and scroll down you'll find the address and phone numbers to get the free CAC or History 999 report from Ford.

rjw

Just be aware that the Ford report is not automatic. I never received the information from my History 999 report request from Ford whereas the Marti report was just a day or two.
Richard

rvrtrash

Sorry Jon, didn't realize there was a link, and yes, Ford can be slow. I had to request the report on one of my cars twice, but free is a good price and I like having all the documentation I can.
Steve