• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

MINT GT/CS for sale

MikeinFL

289 C-code GT/CS
VIN #: 8R01C150087

This car has been in my family for 22 years, and we recently put it through a complete, nuts-to-bolts restoration. It is in showroom condition. The engine was completely reconditioned and professionally detailed, and has been driven less than 100 miles since the restoration.

The grill is not original, because my dad thought that it looked cool with the extra trim and the running stallion, but these things are easily removed for the purist. The fog lamps are original, but the pedastals are questionable. These are the same pedestals that have been with the car for as long as we have had it, so whether they were switched out or were originally with the car is uncertain.

The car comes with the ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE, marti report and a certified appraisal. NOTHING on this car was left untouched. The suspension, brakes, transmission, exhaust, complete interior, EVERYTHING was restored to mint condition. It has a/c and a mustang tape deck, to boot.

We are asking the appraised value from 2003 which is $25,800. We put over $30,000 into the restoration, and we have all of the documention to show.

We are located in Clearwater, FL
Phone: 727-504-5451
Email: mmerkle@knology.net

Attachments

• Mustang15.jpg
    Mustang15.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 18

WLM

Mike, that sure is a good looking car! Are you going to add it to the gallery with more pictures?

Bill

OP
OP
M

MikeinFL

I tried to post it to the gallery last night, and I guess it didn't take. I will try again.

The grille does have a running horse...

Attachments

• Mustang_2.jpg
    Mustang_2.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 18

390cs68rcode

[quote author=MikeinFL link=board=3;threadid=1807;start=0#msg12592 date=1121741308]
Just so everyone knows, it's still for sale! Going on consignment soon.
[/quote]

Your price in the beginning of this thread is somewhat strong even for a fully restored car IMO. I hope you get what you are asking and please let us know what it eventually sells for.

Mosesatm

I agree with Jason. It seems very strong for a 289 auto car with a standard interior and incorrect parts. Especially since GT/CS grilles are impossible to find. Hopefully the car looks so good in person that you get your asking price but please don't be surprised if it takes a while to get that price.

Perkchiro

I know that some of you are thinking that 25 K for a GT/CS is too "strong". Please consider what it takes to do a "from the ground" up restoration. If you spend 30 K restoring one of these rare beauties, not including a thousand hours or more of labor, I think it should be worth at least that much. If GT/CS price levels don't rise on the heels of the Shelby craze, all GT/CS owners should be concerned. We should all consider
the fact that folks won't take a rust bucket GT/CS on for a restoration project due to a lost cost to benefit ratio.
I think a beautiful, fully restored GT/CS should bring at least $35,000 and hopefully more in the future, but that's just my opinion. :)

390cs68rcode

not trying to argue but making a statement:

If someone spends 30k on a resto it does not mean they will get 80% of that 30k back when selling. I have a car I spent over 55k on since I bought it and I can guarantee you I would be lucky to get 30-35k for it.

I do agree that spending this much plus the man hours that they SHOULD get this money back.

Mosesatm

The market is the market and right now I don't think there is a market for this car at $23,000. I hope I'm wrong especially since I've been one of the loudest voices saying that GT/CSs are grossly undervalued. As much as it annoys us and baffles us there just does not seem to be a strong market for these cars. Look at the action on ebay for the last 3 months. For the most part the ending auction prices were diddlysquat. Jason keeps trying to raise the bar but he's only one man, and he's apparently given up.....buying a Grande.

68gt390

Arlie;
Man you hit that one on the head - A "GRANDE". Hey Jason did you forget to take your laxative last week. You have definitely let us down. You are now officially banned from "HOOTERS".

Don :eek:

PFSlim

Mike

First, let me say "Nice Car". I have one the the same color and a full up restoration as well. I know the money that you have in it.

This past weekend, the local Ford dealership asked me to show the Cal Spec and my brothers AC Cobra for a customer appreciation day. At one point, I turned my back and found a lady inside my car. When I went over to ask her to see if I could help her (nice way of saying get out of my car) she told me she was there to buy the car.

Well, as you can imagine, that was a shock to me since I didnt know I was selling it. Long story short, she had "permission" from her husband to buy it and was willing to talk more than 40K. Now, before you start screaming at me saying "why didn't you sell", talk is cheap. Second, I am not finished with enjoying the car and after a long restoration, I still want to enjoy it. And third, I answer to a higher power called a 12 year old son who would have ate my lunch if I came home and told him I sold the car.

In my opinion, it only takes one. One person who wants a classic mustang and understands how rare these cars are. One person who has money to spend. One day when the car looks the very best and one day when the seller is ready to sell!

Hang in there Mike. It only takes one!!

Paul

Mosesatm

[quote author=PFSlim link=board=3;threadid=1807;start=15#msg12666 date=1121827205]
Mike

and was willing to talk more than 40K.....I answer to a higher power called a 12 year old son who would have ate my lunch if I came home and told him I sold the car.

[/quote]

I'll bet a portion of that $40,000 check would have him seeing the light real fast!

68gt390

Paul;
There are those out there who would say you should have taken the 40K but, I hear what your saying. I think at one time hook said it best - it's not always about the money. I to have a son who is 27 years old and he has told me more than once - dad if you ever want to sell your car let me know. I know what you have in it and I'll match any other buyer. What he doesn't know is it's already his.

Don :D