• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Recommendations on fire extinguishers

Forsche

I've been putting this off far too long. Need to get fire extinguishers for my cars. Did a quick search on recommended type and brands but didn't see anything. Does anyone have a good recommendation?

Thanks.

Steve

OP
OP
F

Forsche

I've been putting this off far too long. Need to get fire extinguishers for my cars. Did a quick search on recommended type and brands but didn't see anything. Does anyone have a good recommendation?

Thanks.

Steve

crickets....I guess no one uses a fire extinguisher?

stangfan

I keep a standard fire extinguisher in each of my Mustangs. I didn't want to mount them in the car so they are both screwed to a piece of wood, about three inches thick and a little longer than the extinguisher. I keep them on the floor just behind the driver's seat. Handy to grab in a hurry if needed.

You might want to hold off until the August Mustang Monthly comes out. There will be an article on fire extinguishers in it.

OP
OP
F

Forsche

I keep a standard fire extinguisher in each of my Mustangs. I didn't want to mount them in the car so they are both screwed to a piece of wood, about three inches thick and a little longer than the extinguisher. I keep them on the floor just behind the driver's seat. Handy to grab in a hurry if needed.

You might want to hold off until the August Mustang Monthly comes out. There will be an article on fire extinguishers in it.

Thanks for the info on the mustang monthly article. I'll definitely take a look at that.

Steve

Ruppstang

I use a Halen one left over from my piloting days. They leave no white residue but they are no longer available. MCA now requires one to enter a national show.

OP
OP
F

Forsche

I use a Halen one left over from my piloting days. They leave no white residue but they are no longer available. MCA now requires one to enter a national show.

I assume you mean MCA requires a fire extinguisher not the they require a halon?

Thanks for the info.

Steve