• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

How many GT/CS were sold in Canada

oil67

can anyone tell me how many Californina Specials were originaly sold in Canada? and how many of them were 390 4speeds? thanks

imported_tree

how many GT/CS IN CANADA.

My information when i got my gt/cs last year , only 200 made it across the border. Matri works has the information but i will cost you for the information. i beleive pauls new book will have this info for you.

P

PNewitt

Yes, (with Casey's help) I'll have this exact data in the new book. It was jaw-dropping info, too! It included B.C. and the neighbouring province. (B6, B7).

I understand that the Canadian Vehicle laws kept the fog lights on the Shelbys and GT/CS cars--off the grille, and placed in the trunk, wrapped in newspapers, at the dealer.

Can any Canadian owners confirm this?

thanks, Paul.

390cs68rcode

My 390 CS is from Canada (B7 ordering district, Pacific Canada). Cannot confirm the fog light thing as mine was completely restored before I bought it.

I would like to know the exact number to Canada AND how many 390's.

My Marti does say 1311 1968 hardtops ordered from this DSO if this helps at all.

imported_tree

canada cars

PNewitt said:
Yes, (with Casey's help) I'll have this exact data in the new book. It was jaw-dropping info, too! It included B.C. and the neighbouring province. (B6, B7).

I understand that the Canadian Vehicle laws kept the fog lights on the Shelbys and GT/CS cars--off the grille, and placed in the trunk, wrapped in newspapers, at the dealer.

thanks, Paul.
Paul . as far as i understand my car came from vancouver and had fog lamps installed when the origional owner bought the car.My co-worker(who now owns the car) has the owners manual with the gentelmens name as the first owner. i will try to contact this person if still alive. thanks terry..........P/S AM DEALING WITH PERSON FROM DULUTH GEORGIA FOR 69 GT MUSTANG.AM HAVING WITHDRAWAL FROM NOT HAVING ANY THING TO WORK ON.

P

PNewitt

We don't have the specific numbers of engines, etc., by DSO.

However, you can do a thumbnail estimate by cross-referencing the 390 production dates (beginning to end) with the B6 or B7 period, which wasn't too long. Ford, and the dealers association would sell "blocks" of GT/CS cars to the other DSOs. Then they would build them as a group, and send them off. Sometimes one DSO "group" would overlap with another. If you look closely in the 1996 Registry, one can see this happening.

As a general rule, GT/CS cars built in the 71 and 72 DSOs had more factory options.

How I miss B.C. I went there for the '86 Expo. The Mustang Club in Vancouver is a great group. The Spanish Banks show is incredible, on the beach!

Paul.

Duker

thanks, Paul.

Duker here new owner for a week and loving it. Paul, I will be sending you a copy of my Marti Report tomorrow.

It is my understanding that 155 came up to B.C Canada.

As far as the fog lights, I am not aware of any laws that would stop fog lights going on the in 1968. I will check.

Duker

In 68 there were two makes of fog lights. Early in production 68 was Marshal Fog Lights that mounted on the grill unkown if they came with covers. Later Lucas was used with the posts. So if authenticity is on your mind check your production dates but this may not help unless we know when Lucas entered into production.

Duker