• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Headliner Install

darb

Is it essential to remove the front windshield in order to install my new headliner?

I can have the rear window removed, but the front window is laminated glass..and removing it will cause it to crack.

Brad

-=MUSTANG=-

Your windshield will not crack if you remove it. I am restoring my gt/cs and after cutting the weatherstrip with an exacto knife the windshield lifted right out. After the windshield was out you could see the headliner material wrapped around the weld flange, I am guessing a correct install will require the removal of your windshield. good luck.

CJ

Are you replacing your headliner yourself?

CJ

66 Dearborn HCS

[quote author=Darb link=board=1;threadid=968;start=0#msg5417 date=1087529057]
Yes...is this difficult?
[/quote]
It's not easy. It takes time and the patience of Mother Theresa!!

hcsstang

Don't get the ribs or bows mixed up. Mark where the holes are cause after the liner is up the holes are difficult to find.

Sarge

Several months ago, there seemed to be very specific headliner install instructions posted by "someone" on this website. It might be worth your while to try to find those instructions, or perhaps the person who posted it could repost?

Good Luck, and let us know how it turns out!
Robert