• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 9th Annual Blue Oval Over Butler Show Photos and Info

BroadwayBlue

I attended the 9th Annual Blue Oval Over Butler All Ford Car Show in Butler, NJ on Sunday.

It was a great show hosted by the Garden State Region Mustang Club whose President is 73Pony (John).

They had great weather and one of their biggest turnouts yet for their Spring show at about 200 cars. I don't want to steal John's thunder so I'll let 73Pony fill in any specifics so I don't mess it up. They raised $1,800 for MDA which was fantastic and I believe $25,000 over the last 8 years.

I finally had a chance to meet John in person after communicating on the site, through PM and emails. It was great, as always, to meet a forum member and fellow GT/CS owner in person. I also had a chance to see his late model GT/CS up close as well. Very nice car!

I also got to meet GTCSNJ (Gary) and his son, dressed in their californiaspecial.com shirts, who is also from NJ and owns a Candyapple Red 1968 GT/CS that unfortunately wasn't at the show.

There was a Grabber Orange GT/CS convertible at the show that won an award but I never had a chance to catch up with the owner. I think his name is Anthony. Anthony, if you're on the site - nice car!

Attached is a picture of John and I catching up. I didn't get a chance to get a picture of Gary - hopefully next time at Carlisle ...
John is the good looking guy on the left.

Here is a link to photos of the show which include shots of John's
CS and a 2010 Mustang with the glass roof option.

http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/8035745_NwmF9/1/523000375_UcY8v

(Click on the Slideshow button for full screen photos)

I'm hoping to attend their Fall show as well.
Nice job John and the whole GSRMC crew!

Attachments

• 523009651_9x4bo-O.jpg
    523009651_9x4bo-O.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

73pony

Thanks Rich. We tried hard to put on a good show. I wish we could get more CS at our show. It would be nice to hace a CS class. Look forward to seeing you at Carlisle.