• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

EXP500 Repli-bute...

p51

Cool!

IMO the Green Hornet was the best looking car built, ever. The only thing that I would have done differently is put in a manual transmission - then it would've been perfect.

Are you putting in independent rear suspension?
EFI?

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Python Restorations (Stewart ?, never did get his last name in all the emails). Its a hybrid set, 68 deluxe with 69 Shelby centers. minor tweak most would not notice, but I like the 69 emblem better.

It will not have IRS, hand making a one off or buying one of the off-the-shelf was a cost I decided not to go into, this is an expensive project anyway. The IRS would have been 10k or more.... no EFI, as Conelec parts are kinda hard to come by. :wink:

I did buy a 428PI intake and was going to go throttle body setup but found this for a great price so am going with a "minor" adjustment to air/fuel mixing!

p51

Nice. I'll be interested in watching it develop.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Major milestone today...

... an maybe ominously on a full moon! :smile:

9 hours for the painter to do this today.... 3 coats color, 3 coats clear... pics show a hint of how it will roll from green w/gold fleck to almost black as the light hits it...

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Hood, trunk lid, scoops, misc bits Monday to match... let it sit a week then wet sand....

franklinair

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!! Congrats, Richard.

(I'm still waiting for my current project to be released from captivity in the body/paint shop. Frustrated, yet anticipating. Supposed to be done next week.)

Neil

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

This was "ready for paint" (e,g, body work and base filler and primer done) almost 2 years ago. So hang in there, they do get done eventually!:smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Thanks Mike. Don't want to know how much I spent picking it as it was about the 5th or 6th one we tried... lots of test spraying as its a totally custom color.

Yesterdays progress....

Now wait for it to cure for a week or so, then the race is on...!!!

somethingspecial

Richard, The shop where your car is seems to have to much vacant space, You can probably get a few more cars in there. LOL. I'd be a little uneasy having all that activity that close to my newly painted car. Car looks great. Like I said above, I love that color, but I am partial to green anyways.

OP
OP
D

dalorzo_f

Yep, the shop is woefully oversized! Organized chaos.

These guys are busy, because they do good work. :wink: The "lineup" is the cars in final prep for paint....

They will not scratch it, but I might!!! :eek:

And the color looks so much better in person!!!! Can't wait to see it assembled in the sun!!!