• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fog Light Switch Help...

BroadwayBlue

I found my fog light switch in the trunk in a box with other miscellaneous parts (rear lights, CS scripts, etc).

My question is ... where does the fog light switch mount?
I've looked through all the gallery pics and searched the forums but can't seem to find a good shot of the location.

Could someone please post a pic for me?

Any tips on getting them working again would be great!

Thanks!

Rich

bbeatty

The fog light switch bolts on the bottom of the dash with one bolt. The center of the switch will be very close to the left side of the ash tray. If you give me an email address, I can send you a few pictures. Sorry I can't post pics right now.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Wow that was a fast reply!! Thanks!!! 8)

bbeaty I think I'm good with hook's pics for now.
Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I need something else.

hookedtrout

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=0#msg11867 date=1119555028]
Wow that was a fast reply!! Thanks!!! 8)

bbeaty I think I'm good with hook's pics for now.
Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I need something else.

[/quote]

No problem on my part, I was sitting here eating a piece of Reese's something or other pie reading the posts and the digicamera was by my side so out I went.

Hook

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=0#msg11869 date=1119555149]

No problem on my part, I was sitting here eating a piece of Reese's something or other pie reading the posts and the digicamera was by my side so out I went.

Hook
[/quote]

That sounds good! Could you send us all a picture of a piece of pie too. Is there enough to go around? LOL! ;D

hookedtrout

[quote author=BroadwayBlue link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=0#msg11874 date=1119556588]
That sounds good! Could you send us all a picture of a piece of pie too. Is there enough to go around? LOL! ;D
[/quote]

You don't want a picture of this pie anymore, as for plenty to go around? Good question, if not I'm sure there's plenty of other goodies around to sufice. The wife runs a day-care so she has lots of goodies made up all the time. Come on over, we'll talk CS, go fishing, explore a cave, do some Jeeping or something to work off the sweets.

Hook

68gt390

Hook;
I can still recommend some of those real nice "flotation" devices for ya. ;D Tell ya what, I'll bring over the flotation devices and some beer and we'll talk about some pie. How's that sound? Man, we need to get a CS cruise-in planned for somewhere real soon. I've tried to make 2 trips out of state and the girl friend keeps shooting them down. She says everytime I take it out on the road I have 2 new chips. Now she's recommending a trailer. I swore I'd never go there. By the way, those are nice shots of the fog light switch. Your right on.

Don 8)

hookedtrout

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=0#msg11884 date=1119580665]
Hook;
I can still recommend some of those real nice "flotation" devices for ya. ;D Tell ya what, I'll bring over the flotation devices and some beer and we'll talk about some pie. How's that sound? Man, we need to get a CS cruise-in planned for somewhere real soon. I've tried to make 2 trips out of state and the girl friend keeps shooting them down. She says everytime I take it out on the road I have 2 new chips. Now she's recommending a trailer. I swore I'd never go there. By the way, those are nice shots of the fog light switch. Your right on.

Don 8)
[/quote]

I'm always game, got a pretty hectic schedule coming up so make sure and bring lot's of beer. I've got some members of my fly fishing group meeting us near Sun Valley Idaho on the 29th to fish Silver Creek for 3-4 days then we are rolling our RV's back here to my place and setting them up and fishing and golfing and drinking lot's of Fat Tires and Margaritas for the next two weeks. Should be a great time so feel free to join us for the golf the fishing or the beer were easy. Might even be some Boca ball playing or throwing horse shoes in the slack time and lot's of BS around the fire pit out back I'm sure! ::)

Hook

meadowsdk28

[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=0#msg11866 date=1119554744]
Here's a link to some photos I put on my photo web page.

http://tinyurl.com/6hg4l

Hook
[/quote]
I just love going to your sight to see the flaming pro stocker!! ;D

hookedtrout

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=0#msg11901 date=1119622040]
[quote author=hookedtrout link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=0#msg11866 date=1119554744]
Here's a link to some photos I put on my photo web page.

http://tinyurl.com/6hg4l

Hook
[/quote]
I just love going to your sight to see the flaming pro stocker!! ;D
[/quote]

Thanks man, it'll smokem pretty good. But I think it's more burning oil than the tires.

Hook

hookedtrout

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=0#msg11892 date=1119612121]
How about 8-13 to 8-14 in Ft. Worth Texas at the Yellow Rose show. It is the Southwest All Ford Nationals.

By the wy the show is INSIDE!!!!

http://www.ntmc.org/yellowrose/regist_flyer_front2.pdf
[/quote]

Somewhere with some beautiful scenery gets my vote, way far away from any big cities. I hate cities. Colorado, N California etc, somewhere you can go for a beautiful drive.

Hook

hookedtrout

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=0#msg11911 date=1119629868]
Hook, is your interior blue or aqua?
[/quote]

Lt and Dk blue combo.

Hook

68sunlitgold

You may have already solved this problem but here is the factory installation pic of where it goes.

Doug

Attachments

• foglighta.jpg
    foglighta.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=1828;start=15#msg11936 date=1119655463]
You may have already solved this problem but here is the factory installation pic of where it goes.

Doug
[/quote]

Wow! That's awesome Thanks!!!! :eek:

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Interesting.
I compared the pics and manual to my car today and realized it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to mount it where it should be.

My dealer installed a/c unit is huge and seems to go far enough under the ashtray that I may have to move the switch somewhere else.

I actually have to get my foot behind the a/c unit to get to the accelerator.

It's kind of tough getting into my interior right now with it up on jackstands. Finished rear brakes and springs today. Working on the fronts now and master cylinder. Need to get new lug studs so we called it a day and will pick up again during the week or next weekend.

Also - found a rat's nest of wires all twisted together up under the dash while removing the master cylinder ... that's not going to be fun to figure out :'(

I'll get to the interior stuff once the suspension and brakes are complete.