• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

The Return of the GT/CS Window Decal!

hicountrybob

What I'm going to do is make the #2 version decal, with it saying: "One of 4118", and then include in smaller type-- 3867 CS, 251 HCS. I gave this a lot of thought, and have made this decision.

The reason is that the original engineering and development of the "California Mustang" produced 4,118 of these units.

In the eyes of Ford, Kevin Marti, and the publications of the day in 1968, it was primarily a GT/CS, so the historical context is why I'm going with this decision.

So, in that context, I'll go with the total number. There are other DSOs that got equal, if not more cars than the Denver district did. It's just that the Denver dealers wanted to add some badging to their allotment. Any other DSO could have done the same thing (Texas wanted their own Special). Arizona got a lot more cars than Denver. Unlike the '66 and '67 versions of the HCS, the '68 version was not a pre-destined Mustang variant, and was not really an idea from Dearborn.

I don't mean to sound indifferent to the HCS folks, but in a practical "big picture" production standpoint, I'll go with the overall number. I'm still aknowledging the HCS number on the decal, tho'.

I'll look into doing a small run of HCS-only decals.

Thanks for your input,

Paul N.
RIGHT ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bob here.

limelyt

I'm in for two; however I would like to see the 1 of 3867 as it would be confusing if the plate and sticker had different numbers

Just my two cents

Gary

rvrtrash

I'm in for two; however I would like to see the 1 of 3867 as it would be confusing if the plate and sticker had different numbers

Just my two cents

Gary

We're going to confuse people either way because the Marti report (which I have framed and display at shows) says 4118. It'll be a good conversation starter. I'm thinking of putting one on the car and one on my Marti Report board.

Steve

GTCSMustang

rvrtrash has a good point. Would be less confusing to have 2-decals...one for GT/CS and one for HCS. Maybe Paul could do the GT/CS decal and Bob could handle the HCS decal.

Scott

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I think that no matter what numbers appear on the car, it will provoke conversation, which is a good thing....

It's been long in coming, but I'll get some decals for the HCS to Bob. I'll make them look like the CS one, but tweaked for HCS.

Then, I'll do a decal for the late model GT/CS, ASAP. I think those will help cement our relationship with "the new kid in town". I'll do it as soon as I get a production number for 2007 and 2008.

Thanks!

Paul.

Northern Pony

Paul;
I will take two; that's considering one for the current windshield, and one for the next windshield. I do drive the car to shows.
Speaking of shows; Gary ( Limelyt ) did a fabuolus job with our club display at World of Wheels this past week end. The theme was honouring the 40th anniversary of GT/CS. The display and three Cal Specs generated a lot of audience discussion. It would seem from conversation that there are a lot of these babies tucked away in garages around the province of Alberta.
Gary is planning to do a post.
BoB

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Paul;
Speaking of shows; Gary ( Limelyt ) did a fabuolus job with our club display at World of Wheels this past week end. The theme was honouring the 40th anniversary of GT/CS. The display and three Cal Specs generated a lot of audience discussion. It would seem from conversation that there are a lot of these babies tucked away in garages around the province of Alberta.
Gary is planning to do a post.
BoB

That sounds fantastic! Please thank everyone for participating, and for setting up the show. I look forward to Gary's post.

There are more GT/CSs in Canada than anyone would imagine...I just wonder how they all got up there, because it seems there are more GT/CSs up there now, than in 1968!

Paul.

Northern Pony

Paul;
I do believe that you are correct, GT/CS cars are migrating North. During the last few years Alberta is best described as rich in oil money. We have a lot of people working in the oil business, and they have the cash to spend. The Barrett Jackson used to be a rare event for Calgarians to go to, now it is very common. Soon statistics will show Albertan's are buying up US property, as you go through your subprime issues.
BoB

BroadwayBlue

We're going to confuse people either way because the Marti report (which I have framed and display at shows) says 4118. It'll be a good conversation starter. I'm thinking of putting one on the car and one on my Marti Report board.

Steve

On my showboard I made up, I breakdown the numbers of what the total number is made up of to explain the plate frame and marti discrepancies.

It's part of my verbal history lesson of course too. :grin:

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

oh no! not a pop quiz!

...and just wait until you see the breakdown of GT/CS numbers--by DSO.

You'll be giving verbal lessons all day long! LOL!!

Paul

aemoo28

"Then, I'll do a decal for the late model GT/CS, ASAP. I think those will help cement our relationship with "the new kid in town". I'll do it as soon as I get a production number for 2007 and 2008."

Yes, I'm VERY excited to get this sticker for my '08. See, I've got the only CS around town and I'm going neck to neck with the '07-'08 Shelby & Roush. NO competition though 'cuz my Cali is better!

hotrodgrany

"Then, I'll do a decal for the late model GT/CS, ASAP. I think those will help cement our relationship with "the new kid in town". I'll do it as soon as I get a production number for 2007 and 2008."

Yes, I'm VERY excited to get this sticker for my '08. See, I've got the only CS around town and I'm going neck to neck with the '07-'08 Shelby & Roush. NO competition though 'cuz my Cali is better!
SAME HERE