• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tilt Away Steering System

gtcsjcode

Does anyone know where the vacuum switch assemble is suppose to mount too? I have been racking my mind for a couple of days now and still can't figure it out. If anyone has a tilt system in there vehicle, can you tell me or better yet can you take a picture and may be send it my way so I could see it in it's glorious position. I must be missing something in this equation, I have the bracket and the vacuum switch, along with the vacuum canister all mounted on a bracket, but where does it mount? I have been looking at my ford build sheets but I don't see the location that this thing gets mounted to....Thanks in advance to who ever can help....Larry :eek:

68sunlitgold

Larry,
I am at work right now, but when I get home I can scan in the picture of the Ford assemble manual for the tilt wheel. I am sure I have seen a detailed diagram of where and how the vacuum can is postioned.
Doug

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=367;start=0#msg1872 date=1053350515]
Larry,
I am at work right now, but when I get home I can scan in the picture of the Ford assemble manual for the tilt wheel. I am sure I have seen a detailed diagram of where and how the vacuum can is postioned.
Doug
[/quote]
Hey Doug
Could you send me a pic too
I also have one too...Frankoporsche@comcast.net

OP
OP
G

gtcsjcode

Any luck on the photo of how this is to be installed, I noticed that theres a AC vacuum switch mounted to the lower plentum and is causing interference of where I think the actuator is suppose to be mounted. I think the proper mounting is around the rear area of the ash tray, a photo will really help though....Thanks in advance.

x-codegtcs

It is supposed to mount above the FOG LIGHT switch area, under the dash. There are several different brackets floating around out there, you will need a shop manual photo to ensure you have the correct bracket - otherwise you are in for a VERY long night (I know!)

68sunlitgold

Larry,
I am soooo sorry I forgot to scan in the diagram. I came across it when I was looking in the shop manual. It however does not show the area it attaches very good but does show the bracket. I hope this helps and again sorry for the delay.
Doug

Attachments

• tiltaway_steering_diagram.jpg
    tiltaway_steering_diagram.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 16

Kurt

If you still need a under dash picture of the actuator let me know I can email it to you.

Kurt