• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS with a Paxton Supercharger

007bluto

Well I finally got around to shooting a photo of my engine compartment. Bluto ;D

Attachments

• GTCS.jpg
    GTCS.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 29

68gt390

Very Nice!! That's one of the items I've been thinking of putting on mine. Just have to find out if Paxton still makes a supercharger for the 390 Hi Po. Have looked at their site but, not much info except for small blocks. Will be checking with a local installer here in my area to see what they offer.

Don ;)

rvrtrash

That is truly a work of art! You should definately be proud and I, for one, am envious.
Steve

P

PNewitt

Very nice to see a Paxton on a GT/CS. That must really get ooohs and aahs when you open the hood up. Kewl!

I, too was wondering about one for my 390. I "think" that the power curve, and the boost curve from the paxton both peak out by the time you're at 5 grand (rpm, not $$). So, the torque is more than enough, before you need the Paxton to kick in.

I think I'll go with a tri-power on my 390, since I just saw that Demon 2-bbl carbs are now available for that setup. 2-4-6 bbls on demand!

I once drive a 4-speed '68 GT-350 convert. from a SAAC convention in Portland (to Sacto.)--that had a Paxton on it. A VERY COOL experience!! I was getting thumbs up from yuppies in beemers going to work in Portland that morning.

You could merge into the fast lane ANY TIME YOU WANTED with that kinda hp.

Paul N.

L8GR868

Bluto
Your engine looks great !! Just wondering what modifications you had to make for the super charger ? What engine do you have in it ? (cubic inches) Did you have to do internal work ?
Thanks Eric

OP
OP

007bluto

The engine is a stroked 347, with a 750 dbl pumper carb. Compression needs to be in the nines to keep the motor reliable, the heads are GT 40's. The kit come's in eather passinger or driver side mount. I had Power Train Dynamics in Huntington Beach make a stainless steel Snorkel for the air cleaner, because the Paxton design mounts the K&N on the back of the unit which sits just above the headers, Wrong!!!! Paxton makes a kit for the 351, also I've noticed that Vortech is making a similar unit for the Ford Big Blocks, check with them. Bluto ;D

jk89cat

thats pretty ! with me any power adders are a go directly to jail do not pass go ! ::) i find myself being not able to control myself with them, thats why i sold my tbird s/c although my 5.0 kitty still might get me in trouble . so just n/a for me :(

davidathans

I too have a 347 but i left it N.A. and have AFR185 heads with only a 670 cfm 4 barrel holley. Im making 400 engine horsepower. How much power are you making out of your 347 with the blower? To the wheels? 9.0 compression? How many pounds of boost? Intercooler? How much did you spend on just the paxton?

thanks
david