• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

MCA National Show - Park City, UT

Russ

Is anyone planning to attend the MCA show in Park City, UT on August 12-15? My wife and I will be taking our GT/CS and would like to meet site members who will be going.

Russ

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

The MCA show was a great success with 256 Mustangs. There were two "Specials" that were shown. The red GT/CS is owned by the Kerrs and is a highly optioned example (deluxe interior, J-Code, console, tilt wheel). This car took a second in street-driven class. The Highland green car is mine and was shown in the concourse trailered class where it took a "gold" award. I've included photos of both cars.

Attachments

• PICT0017aa.jpg
    PICT0017aa.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 36

bish

Congrats on the Gold! That's no small undertaking.
A great looking car you have there.

rjw

Russ,
Congrats on the gold! Of course, I am a little partial to your car in that mine is almost identical--I added the Shelby 10 spokes. Wish I had been there!
Richard

dbeal

Congrats on another award on your car Russ. Folks, I have seen it in person and let me tell you Russ is one stickler for detail. A lot of hard work went into his car and it deserves all the awards it gets. BTW have you started on the other lime gold special yet? ;D

P

PNewitt

Hey Russ!

Forgive my being late to congratulate you on the Gold award. Fantastic!

I always appreciate those who restore and take their CS cars to shows--especially MCA shows.

You represent the GT/CS marque very well! Thanks for representing all of us!

Paul.

p.s. I do know Larry Kerr, too. Great guy! Great CS!

Bobsdad

The MCA show was a great success with 256 Mustangs. There were two "Specials" that were shown. The red GT/CS is owned by the Kerrs and is a highly optioned example (deluxe interior, J-Code, console, tilt wheel). This car took a second in street-driven class. The Highland green car is mine and was shown in the concourse trailered class where it took a "gold" award. I've included photos of both cars.
Hi Russ, on Ebay I found for sale an article about Jim and Louise Kerr's GT/CS's, do they still own them? It also mentions Larry Kerr, figured they or perhaps the current owners would be interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3833913210...4FaGE8YT7i&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

I have not been in touch with the Kerrs and don't know if they still own the California Specials. I still own my Highland Green GT/CS and my Lime Gold GT/CS. While I don't drive them much, I still enjoy the cars immensely.