• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Mufflers

BrandonB

Ok summers coming up I got some money coming to me through selling junk and a bet I made with my cousin that i know Ill win ;D So ill get to my question. Mufflers Ive got clean sounding mufflers on my CS right now but I would like a little more umph in em. Not an annoying rumble that would iiritate the neighbors but something you know you can hear coming that has a very deep strong idle. BTW I have a 289 2bbl if that may help. I was wondering what you guys would suggest and/or what kind you guys have on your GT/CS' and HCS'.

Thanks!

Talan423

i just ordered myself a pair of 40 series flowmaster delta flows. supposed to be quieter to the car interior but still has the flowmaster rumble on the outside. i have had quite a few people tell me that this is the way to go. if you want the name of the place i got them from, e-mail me, $57 each + s/h. you can hear the way they sound at the following website. a little pricey directly from flowmaster.

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/cgi-bin/flowmaster/40delta.html?id=bVrTbFZX

darb

I had the flowmaster 40 series put on my car (The 50 series is for big block engines) - and WOW...my little 289 sounds like a 350 hauling. If you're into a beefy sound...go with it.

At idle it has a low gurgle, not obnoxious - it's actually just a very pleasant bass, and sounds great on acceleration...when you're finally up to cruising speed it's not too loud inside nor outside.

I must agree, the 40 series is that "classic" sound. I'm loving it, I get great compliments all the time...and you never have to tell them the sound is all in the mufflers.

Brad

darb

Goodluck with them! Let me know how you like them after you have them installed.

(I had to stand behind my car while it was running for awhile I was in awe)

Brad

OP
OP
B

BrandonB

Yeah I'll let you guys know what I think about them once I get them. Wont be till I graduate so sometime after may 20th. Well worth the wait.

Sarge

So, those of you that are suggesting the flowmaster 40's, do you have any "other than stock" headers attached to these? Suggestions? I have a 302 that I am looking to redo the exhaust. And what about the tips? Anyone using the "dual rolled" tips with the flowmasters?
Thanks in advance,
Robert

darb

Robert,

I have the stock headers attached, and the stock exhaust piping. I have the GT package with the dual rolled tips, and I'm using my flowmasters with those.

Sounds great - if you look underneath the car it doesnt look any different than before, the 40 series are the same size and shape as the ones I had on it before...

If you're looking for sound and a little bit more airflow, I'd stick with the stock headers...if you want more performance, you might want to upgrade the headers.

Brad