CaliforniaSpecial.com -- Message Boards -- 1968 California Special Limited Edition Ford Mustang GT/CS
D I S C U S S I O N . F O R U M
COMMUNITY
1968 GT/CS & HCS
2007+ GT/CS
1966-1967 HCS

Vote!

Old 09/03/2009, 06:46 AM   #76
TheBlkPearl

Send a message via MSN to TheBlkPearl
Talking she will pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 GTCS View Post
The book comes wrapped in a plastic cover----thats like her opening "YOUR" Chrismas Gifts. Thats just wrong!

Kevin
Oh she will pay for that indiscretion - but she could not wait to see her daughter in the book so I will go easy on her..........
TheBlkPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2009, 11:47 AM   #77
Northern Pony

I ordered mine last week and got a ship date of 04/09/09 out of Washington. Then I thought holly crap if this doesn't come before the 8th I'm in trouble. I could foresee it sitting on the door step for a month while we are in Europe. Today it is North of the 49th and heading our way, so I will get a peak before we go.
Earlier I thanked Cory in a PM, publically I have to say thank you very much for the incredible job you have done for what was a lot of aquaitances you only knew from glimpses on the web site. Now I can call you a friend and I'm sure you have gained at least 53 new found friends. Our third amigo is very happy we squeezed him in the book.
Thanks again
BoB
Northern Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2009, 12:16 PM   #78
hookedtrout

eBay: bebopin

Send a message via Yahoo to hookedtrout
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Pony View Post
I ordered mine last week and got a ship date of 04/09/09 out of Washington. Then I thought holly crap if this doesn't come before the 8th I'm in trouble. I could foresee it sitting on the door step for a month while we are in Europe. Today it is North of the 49th and heading our way, so I will get a peak before we go.
Earlier I thanked Cory in a PM, publically I have to say thank you very much for the incredible job you have done for what was a lot of aquaitances you only knew from glimpses on the web site. Now I can call you a friend and I'm sure you have gained at least 53 new found friends. Our third amigo is very happy we squeezed him in the book.
Thanks again
BoB
You're Welcome Bob, and I certainly feel like I have friends all over the world.

My life has been impacted immensly by the internet, not sure if I've told this story before but a big part of my life is Fly Fishing hence the "Hookedtrout" username. Through a fly fishing web site that I started to help me learn more about fly fishing and fly tying I started to make friends similar to what I have done through this web site that Jon created. Well unlike in the car world where I live far removed from all the car shows and the bulk of the car enthusiats I do live on one of the best fly fishing rivers in the world so after I had built up a sence of fellowship with several of the members of my fly fishing club I started to invite a few of them to come out and spend some time with me fly fishing. Some of which had life time dreams to fish the Henry's Fork and I've since fulfilled their dreams time and time again, in fact I have 3 showing up next Friday for a week. Over a period of a few years I had several members take me up on my offer. Some I met once on their way through the area and a small handfull are now very close friends that come every year for 1-2 weeks and they fly in or drive in and stay in my RV out back and we fish and golf our butts off every summer for the time that they are here. The internet forum world has played a big part in shaping my little world and I certainly have friends all over the US and and I'm gaining a few around the world.

Cory
hookedtrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2009, 03:38 PM   #79
di81977

Cory,

Lets set up a California Special fly fishing visit. I am always up for fly fishing and golfing my butt off! Great river you live on, how is the golf?

david
di81977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2009, 04:57 PM   #80
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by di81977 View Post
Cory,

Lets set up a California Special fly fishing visit. I am always up for fly fishing and golfing my butt off! Great river you live on, how is the golf?

david
That's a loaded question, my golf sucks but I have a lot of fun, the golf courses are great and there are a lot of them around. I don't think we have any world class golf courses but they are cheap in comparison to big city golf courses. Anywhere from $10 for 9 holes to $30 for 18 holes, lots of water on some of the courses, not much sand.

As for fishing, I have a drift boat and all the rivers you could ever want within throwing distance, Henry's Fork, Teton, South Fork of the Snake and a multitude of other small rivers.

Bring it on!!

Cory

Cory
Old 09/04/2009, 10:29 AM   #81
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
Today I am a Happy Camper. My two books arrived, and they are OUTSTANDING. Great photos & bio's. I'm really enjoying the photos and meeting fellow members in print.

Cory deserves a standing ovation!

Can't wait for the 'book signing' in Grass Valley, and meeting folks face-to-face. Thanks again, Cory. We couldn't have done it without you.

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2009, 04:37 PM   #82
PonyGal
My Car Details

Life is Simple...eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!

I think I scared the heck out of the FedEx man (?)!!!

I was sitting here at the computer reading the posts about Cory & Neil's visit when I glanced out the window and saw the truck. I jumped up and ran to the door, flung it open and yelled "The FedEx Man is here!!!". He jumped about a mile or so when I burst out the door and headed straight for him. He said "You must be pretty excited to get this package?".

Needless to say, I got my books!!!! Cory, you did an amazing job on them and I also want to thank you so much!!!

Gotta go get aquainted with the rest of my "family"...

Renee' - Eat, sleep, drive a Mustang!!!
I am the proud new owner of the 'Stevenson GT/CS'
PonyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2009, 06:37 AM   #83
68 GTCS
My Car Details

A man is not finished when he is defeated, He is finished when he quits.

I received your e-mail with the inserts, or inside flaps, so I printed them out and put them back to back and then laminated them. Now I have some book markers that look awsome, I just wish I had a better printer. ------------So when and where is the book signing?

Kevin

1968 GTCS J code 302 4v Auto. / 1967 A code 289 4v Auto. "Local Promotion Car" / 1968 HCS 289 2v 4 speed / 1965 Fastback A code 289 4v Auto. Build Date 9-11-1964 two weeks prior to the introduction of the fastback / 2007 Mustang V6 5 speed / 2007 Shelby GT Black-Black 4.9 5 speed.
68 GTCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/05/2009, 10:40 AM   #84
hookedtrout

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 GTCS View Post
I received your e-mail with the inserts, or inside flaps, so I printed them out and put them back to back and then laminated them. Now I have some book markers that look awsome, I just wish I had a better printer. ------------So when and where is the book signing?

Kevin
Book signings are the 27th at Tims house in Grass Valley, CA and my house anytime you go by, just stop in and hang out.

Cory

Cory
Old 09/09/2009, 09:01 AM   #85
aemoo28
My Car Details

Looking for Satan 2.

I think I scared the heck out of the FedEx man (?)!!!

I was sitting here at the computer reading the posts about Cory & Neil's visit when I glanced out the window and saw the truck. I jumped up and ran to the door, flung it open and yelled "The FedEx Man is here!!!". He jumped about a mile or so when I burst out the door and headed straight for him. He said "You must be pretty excited to get this package?"

So Renee was there any fainting? You or the Fed Ex man?

I'm so excited! I'm ordering two books this morning!

Who can think of the best "valid" excuse to call in sick from work and be at Tim's book signing party?

ISO well behaved, dependable, and determined CS.
aemoo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2009, 09:07 AM   #86
franklinair
My Car Details

My Garage
D.I.F. (Death in Family) If you're not there, I'll croak!!

Neil
franklinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2009, 01:42 PM   #87
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemoo28 View Post
I for him. He said "You must be pretty excited to get this package?"

Who can think of the best "valid" excuse to call in sick from work and be at Tim's book signing party?
...Ah... 'Want to emphasize that this is Cory's book signing party.
I'm only proud to be an early stop on the book tour with some awesome members joining in!

According to Blurb, my two books should be waiting when I get home today so we'll be ready :-)

P.S. While were at it - I may go ahead & print some "fainting Renee" photos (from when she got the Stevenson Special) for her to sign as well! Better yet - maybe she will do some fainting demonstrations!!!

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2009, 03:55 PM   #88
robert campbell
My Car Details

My Garage

Who can think of the best "valid" excuse to call in sick from work and be at Tim's book signing party?[/QUOTE]

Amy,
My favorite exceuse at work is "My wife wants to have sex and I want to be there when she does"

Rob
robert campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2009, 04:02 PM   #89
Mustanglvr
My Car Details

Former GT/CS owner :(

Send a message via Yahoo to Mustanglvr
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by robert campbell View Post
Amy,
My favorite exceuse at work is "My wife wants to have sex and I want to be there when she does"

Rob
That's a pretty bad one Rob.

RHONDA
GT/CS FOREVER!
Mustanglvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2009, 04:28 PM   #90
Midnight Special
My Car Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanglvr View Post
That's a pretty bad one Rob.
...OH,...... what are we IN FOR now ???

;-)

Tim
Midnight Special is offline   Reply With Quote

CaliforniaSpecial.com Forums > GT/CS and HCS Forums > GT/CS and HCS Discussions