• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

I may have to sell my GT/CS to publish my book..

P

PNewitt

Within the next two weeks, I'll be mailing another flier to the folks of the GT/CS Registry--with an update on the book, and about the 40th Anniversary GT/CS Event at Galpin Ford in Los Angeles (April 19th), and I'll be promoting the book for some more pre-orders to finance it's printing. I'll have to take a few days away from the book to get this update/flier in the mail--to about 800 people.

Before I continue, I wish to THANK ALL OF YOU that have ordered the book so far., and to those who have sent me copies of their Marti Report, photos, and related materials for the Registry.

There is a big hump that I'll need to get over do get the book printed. This is not to say that the book won't happen, it's just that getting there will take some "doing", and a lot of work and shuffling--hopefully without too much delay. So, here are the details....

This year's licence with Ford, and the required liability insurance for the license of the book has cost me to this point, about $8,000.

I have solicited several bids for the printing of this book (which will be a nice book, but not over-extravagant). The lowest bid was under $25,000 for 2,000 copies. I've applied for credit to pay for the book, which is in the works. I've also checked out digital printing--on demand for less cost, too, but the process is not feasable for what I'm trying to do....

At this point, I have received about 180 pre-orders for books. Some have sent in the full $100 book price, which I greatly appreciate. Two owners have sent in pre-orders for 10 or more books at one time--which is astounding!!

But, here is the crux of the situation. I may need to sell my personal "S" code maroon GT/CS to pay for the printing of the book (this is the cover car --"author's car"-- for my 1989 GT/CS book, photographed at the Golden Gate bridge).

As a shock as this may seem to some of you, I am at a crossroads where I need to do this to make this book happen. This has weighed heavily on my mind recently, but I am commited to doing this (fantastic!) book, especially with the license process started with Ford, and the number of pre-orders I've received. I have offered my GT/CS to an unnamed contact, and we'll see how this pans out. If they are not interested, I'll post the details about my GT/CS, and see who might be interested in buying it. So, we'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I've wrestled with what to do with my GT/CS for many years now, and although I've got 34 years of fond memories tied to this baby of mine, it may be time to look for another home to take good care of it.

I would like to entertain the idea of anyone who would like to invest in the publishing of the book. I won't hold up the book without the money to print it. As of this time, I have a late-April/May '08 release projected as my target date. It means a lot to me to follow through with this book project to you all, even if it means "sacrificing" by the sale of my GT/CS.

Thank you for your time and thanks for your orders and support!

Paul Newitt

Attachments

• pmncs2.jpg
    pmncs2.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 57

nates68

Paul, ,whynot Have Every One Send You A Self Adressed Envelope With A 41 Cent Stamp On The One Enclosed. This Will Save You Alot
When You Send Your Fliers

Nates68

DeadStang

But, here is the crux of the situation. I may need to sell my personal "S" code maroon GT/CS to pay for the printing of the book (this is the cover car --"author's car"-- for my 1989 GT/CS book, photographed at the Golden Gate bridge).

As a shock as this may seem to some of you, I am at a crossroads where I need to do this to make this book happen. This has weighed heavily on my mind recently, but I am commited to doing this (fantastic!) book, especially with the license process started with Ford, and the number of pre-orders I've received. I have offered my GT/CS to an unnamed contact, and we'll see how this pans out. If they are not interested, I'll post the details about my GT/CS, and see who might be interested in buying it. So, we'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I've wrestled with what to do with my GT/CS for many years now, and although I've got 34 years of fond memories tied to this baby of mine, it may be time to look for another home to take good care of it.

I would like to entertain the idea of anyone who would like to invest in the publishing of the book. I won't hold up the book without the money to print it. As of this time, I have a late-April/May '08 release projected as my target date. It means a lot to me to follow through with this book project to you all, even if it means "sacrificing" by the sale of my GT/CS.

Paul Newitt

Wow. I have a hard time imagining you without that car, but sometimes it is time to move on. If you are not emotionally ready to sell, I'd advise you to continue looking into the loan aspect for financing as you will forever be sorry that you let your car go. As you know, a large part of what fuels the collector car market today is people reminiscing about the Mopar or Mustang or Camaro that had to be sold for a more practical car, the down payment on a house, or whatever... And you have one of the coolest CS/GTs that can be found, plus with all the history--irreplaceable.

Powell

Wow.....Wow...Wow My poor little pea brain can't comprehend what I just read here. If the book is the reason you are thinking of selling, I believe there must be a better out. I believe this book and your expertise mean way too much to this community to allow that to happen. I am willing to "invest"
$ 2.000. in this project and have to believe that at least 12 others here would do the same! That would at least help with the printing. So what does everyone else out there think? Let me know if this is a possibility.
Ralph

C160223

Paul

don't sell it!!! this car is the whole reason why you are writing the registry books.

I don't think it would be too much to ask for full payment on books from people that have pre-ordered. 180 x 100 = $18000 That's a good start!

My payment is on the way.

chewyz_me

How can i get on the pre-order list? I'l gladly pay in full.

I agree with the others, its just not right for you to sell your CS

clubpro

Hold your horses Mr. Newitt!!!

This family isn't about selling our special cars, this family is about buying and keeping as many as possible.

I am willing to sell my Shelby stock to help you finance the book. I agree with the other comments about when a member orders the book they would pay in full to help with the costs involved. This book will set the standard for all other automotive books to follow.

As you know I have a personal involvement with the book and I know that there are things that can be done that will keep you from making a crazy decision like selling you car.

Let's set up a website that will allow the members to order online using PayPal like we did with the t-shirts and license plate frames.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Ron

miller511

Paul,

I don't think you should sell your car. There's got to be another solution.

If it's not too personal to talk finance (if it is, maybe we can talk off-line). What sort of cash do you need ($25K?) Is the licensing cost with Ford ongoing annually? Or is it a one-time $8K fee.

I think the potential to sell 1800-2000 books is not unrealistic. If 15% of the 68 owners (300 of 2000?) and 15% of the '07 and '08 owners (750 of ~5000 '07s and 750 of ~5000 08s). This all adds up to 1800 books. I think the trick is going to be getting the word out to those who are unaware of the existence of the book. Also, I hope there is a significant amount of data ('07-'08 production numbers, etc.) for the '07-'08 crowd to get them to buy a book.

-Jeff

rdysart

New Book

Hello Mr. Newitt, this is Rick in Va..... Did you recieve my latest Marti report on the car I just purchased. Now another question, do you have to purchase 2000 copies of the new book or could you print less. Would that cut the cost. I just thought maybe 1200 copies, that would more than cover the amount of cars out there now. Then in a year or 3 do one for the new 07 and 08 cars that are out there. Just a thought. We would rather you not sell your car. This is part of the reason we are here. Thanks for your time.

Rick

Canuck CSter

I to will send my cash right away...for the 3 I've asked for...

I DON'T think we as a group can let paul sell his car.....Were talking about a relatively small amount of financing and I will kick in for a K ( canadian sorry) I'm trying to restore mine and don't know the costs yet. But will send it if it helps.

I've learned to like Kraft Dinner and Beefaroni and will continue that trend if it helps....beer is also cheaper in quebec so I have my basic needs coverd for abit..

DR

Hello Mr. Newitt, this is Rick in Va..... Did you recieve my latest Marti report on the car I just purchased. Now another question, do you have to purchase 2000 copies of the new book or could you print less. Would that cut the cost. I just thought maybe 1200 copies, that would more than cover the amount of cars out there now. Then in a year or 3 do one for the new 07 and 08 cars that are out there. Just a thought. We would rather you not sell your car. This is part of the reason we are here. Thanks for your time.

Rick

Canuck CSter

Better idea...........

Jason and the Admin guy either have or can explain how to set up a paypal account....

If pauls sets one up, we can support this current project and his effort for the past, present and future of our cars....lets show why we are better than other registries....( saac, dodge, gm and buick)

Our commitment now will pay dividends in the future for us and our cars....Who wouldn't want to be part of this group.

Might just be the canuck in me, but everything has a cost in life. Now is our time to show we appriciate it......

Dale Rivington
Ottawa Ontario
CS owner and fan of Paul's and what he has done for us all since 1986

I to will send my cash right away...for the 3 I've asked for...

I DON'T think we as a group can let paul sell his car.....Were talking about a relatively small amount of financing and I will kick in for a K ( canadian sorry) I'm trying to restore mine and don't know the costs yet. But will send it if it helps.

I've learned to like Kraft Dinner and Beefaroni and will continue that trend if it helps....beer is also cheaper in quebec so I have my basic needs coverd for abit..

DR

franklinair

Lets get this book off the ground. All in favor say:
Aye = $1K
Aye-Aye = $2K

I say Aye-Aye

Neil

vman

Hold your horses Mr. Newitt!!!

This family isn't about selling our special cars, this family is about buying and keeping as many as possible.

I am willing to sell my Shelby stock to help you finance the book. I agree with the other comments about when a member orders the book they would pay in full to help with the costs involved. This book will set the standard for all other automotive books to follow.

As you know I have a personal involvement with the book and I know that there are things that can be done that will keep you from making a crazy decision like selling you car.

Let's set up a website that will allow the members to order online using PayPal like we did with the t-shirts and license plate frames.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Ron

Have to agree here with the idea of pay pal. I would be more than happy to part with the full ammount for the book.
So far I have not recieved any pre order forms so this would make it a lot easier to purchase a book. remember to include a qoute for postage world wide.
Don't sell that car!

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I am overwhelmed by not only the support, but in the reaction to my actually parting with my GT/CS. Yes, it's an old car, and it has 430K miles on it...(third engine), but it's so full of history-- "public and private" LOL...

I will carefully read each post, and the PMs I've received--and respond ASAP. I'm pulling out every resource that I have, since I wouldn't want to burden anyone out of their money.... The flier is coming along, and it should help out a lot, too. Every single order is a great help!!

I am so lucky to have you here to support me. This book ended up costing a lot more than I expected. What has happened, is the licensing process has pretty much wiped out the independant writer/publisher for Mustang books; since it's so expensive... The GT/CS WILL have it's own book, instead of being lost in the pages of a coffee table book as a footnote (and probably innacurate, too).

We'll get through this....and I'll regroup, and with your help, to make this come together.

More to follow!
With great gratitude,
Paul.

robert campbell

Full amount when I get the flier. I should have already sent it. Paul, please post the address again so I can send the bucks.

Rob

66hcs-conv

How do I insure that I am on the list to get a flyer? I will take a book and pay in advance.

Dave

rvrtrash

I vote no on Paypal because they charge a percentage and Paul needs every penny. Sending it straight to him will help more.

Steve