• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Can anyone check a GT/CS in Washington for me?

classicsguy

The car is in LA CENTER WA.Its listed in the for sale section in this forum. Can anyone close check this car out for me?

Thanks

HappyHour

Its just north of Portland, OR probably where it is being stored. Check original thread and PM Heliastar he may be able to take a look at it if there was interest.

Also there was a red CS in same Portland others were talking about looking at (with goofy stripes).

Good luck!

robert campbell

I may be able to look at it. La Center is a little North of Vancouver Washington and a bit East. I know exactly where it is and have been it the area before.

Rob

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I have Heliaster and Robert Campbell as volunteers for now. Heliaster can go on weekends..

Which of you guys is closer?

Thanks

robert campbell

I am about 2&1/2 hours away. In light traffic at top speed!! I can check all sheet metal dates, and the normal areas for GT/CS authenticity. The rear wiring harness. The breaker for the fog lights. Correct grill. the witness line on the scoops, etc. Can identify if the engine has the vin on it. The vin for the tranny will need a jack and I cannot say whether the owner would go for that. But maybe he/she wants to know.Of course check the vin to the door tag if it exists. Can look in areas for repaint. identify stock color via over spray.

Can check for cowl leaks and floor pan rust through and torque box crushing and rust through. check for evidence of major wrecks on all sides. Rust in the lower areas of the quarters, doors, and front fender. Got fooled on a real straight 67 coupe once that had extensive left front windshield pillar damage. The body guy was a bondo sculpter. Not a normal area to look for damage. They put a nice fender and door on and I missed the pillar...... will take pics of the car in bad areas.

List options on the car, and report on whether they seem to be original or added. that is tough sometimes.

bought my first Mustang in 1972. Bleed Ford blue. Seem to bleed Ford light blue in my old age.....

Rob

Timmknz

If ROb can't get there, let me know

I'm about the same distance coming from the opposite way-
If Rob can't make it, I need a road trip with my GT/CS
Tim:wink:

robert campbell

I viewed the thread, and the Marti you got confirms it as a GT/CS. So I guess you are looking for condition only? As you know it is in primer. Someone mentioned woodgrain. Did the Marti confirm deluxe interior?

All and all, not a mystery car. sounds like a good buy. Only thing that would make me nervous is "RUST". The guy who was painting it sounds honest, so you should be ok.

Rob

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I viewed the thread, and the Marti you got confirms it as a GT/CS. So I guess you are looking for condition only? As you know it is in primer. Someone mentioned woodgrain. Did the Marti confirm deluxe interior?

All and all, not a mystery car. sounds like a good buy. Only thing that would make me nervous is "RUST". The guy who was painting it sounds honest, so you should be ok.

Rob

Yes: I want to know about sheetmetal condition...the car is NOT a deluxe interior car and neither has p/s or pdb. Owner says it has an overhead console and lower consoleand also he says that car has p/s and pdb...probably added by dealer because it looks factory along with the consoles
Marti report does not show consoles or p/s or pdb and its not a GT car either.

Looks like a good candidate but thats what I want to determine..have been looking for a J-code for a long time....Nice color of Highland Green too...so lets see

OP
OP
C

classicsguy

I am about 2&1/2 hours away. In light traffic at top speed!! I can check all sheet metal dates, and the normal areas for GT/CS authenticity. The rear wiring harness. The breaker for the fog lights. Correct grill. the witness line on the scoops, etc. Can identify if the engine has the vin on it. The vin for the tranny will need a jack and I cannot say whether the owner would go for that. But maybe he/she wants to know.Of course check the vin to the door tag if it exists. Can look in areas for repaint. identify stock color via over spray.

Can check for cowl leaks and floor pan rust through and torque box crushing and rust through. check for evidence of major wrecks on all sides. Rust in the lower areas of the quarters, doors, and front fender. Got fooled on a real straight 67 coupe once that had extensive left front windshield pillar damage. The body guy was a bondo sculpter. Not a normal area to look for damage. They put a nice fender and door on and I missed the pillar...... will take pics of the car in bad areas.

List options on the car, and report on whether they seem to be original or added. that is tough sometimes.

bought my first Mustang in 1972. Bleed Ford blue. Seem to bleed Ford light blue in my old age.....

Rob

Rob: Thats a very thorough check of the car and thats what I need. dont worry about the engine because car has NO ENGINE. The car is in primer and all the fibrerglass is out of car but Gordon has it. I am worried about the structure of car and sheetmetal and if it has been involved in any heavy collision..You are definetly very knowledgeable about Mustangs and thats what I need...if you can make it I would really be grateful!!

The owner is a very nice guy and here are the options according to Marti:

CALIFORNIA SPECIAL
C-4 CRUISE O MATIC TRANSMISSION
F-70X14 WIDE OVAL TIRES
WHITE SIDEWALL NYLON TIRES
AM RADIO

Gordon says it has a console both upper and lower and also p/s and pdb...these were probably dealer added

Additional pictures would be great!! Gordon told me that all that was on top of car has been removed so you will be able to looka t it.

Please PM me if you can make it so I can give you my phone number and e mail address.

THANKS