• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 my new tach

cool68

my new tach just came from tribute automotive the kit is the 1968 8000 rpm with redline and it come with a fuel gauge ....please give tips on how to hook it up....this thing was real pricey $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...so any help is welcome:smile:

Attachments

• tach68 010.jpg
    tach68 010.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 30
  • tach68 016.jpg
    tach68 016.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 28
  • tach68 011.jpg
    tach68 011.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 27
  • tach68 014.jpg
    tach68 014.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 28

CougarCJ

I would insist on instructions from the manufacturer.

Ford wired their factory tachometers in a series with the ignition switch. It requires a resistance wire to operate properly.

If memory serves me, most all other tachometers work off of the distributor side of the coil?

Mosesatm

There should have been instructions and a link to a YouTube video. Yes, the tach requires a wire from the coil to the instrument cluster, you also need to change the oil pressure sending unit to one for a light instead of a gauge.

Ruppstang

There should have been instructions and a link to a YouTube video. Yes, the tach requires a wire from the coil to the instrument cluster, you also need to change the oil pressure sending unit to one for a light instead of a gauge.

+1
I did the testing in one of our cars for them and is very easy to do. As Arlie said just follow the video instructions.
Marty