• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Correct dash pad or not

PFSlim

That would be my recommendation as well. Keep that door closed and locked so no one will get hurt.

It really is not that bad. If you have your steering column out, that really helps. You will spend some time on your back. In the end game, the dash will really look good. Just keep that in mind. ;D ;D

Good luck.

Paul

68Fan

I'm going to be replacing my dash pad this winter so it’s the consensus that DD is not the way to go? I'm in the great Sacramento area so if someone has a connection please let me know.

Mosesatm

From what I can tell it's Dashes Direct (through a Mustang parts vendor), NOS, or used. The Dashes Direct pad isn't bad, it's just not 100% original since it has a more pronounced grain.

CJ

[quote author=68Fan link=board=1;threadid=2317;start=15#msg16238 date=1131042662]
I'm going to be replacing my dash pad this winter so it’s the consensus that DD is not the way to go? I'm in the great Sacramento area so if someone has a connection please let me know.
[/quote]

68FAN: Have you tried Sacramento Mustang, 4631 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95841
916-484-3434

Claude

http://www.sacramento-mustang.com/index.html

Mosesatm

Can't tell who makes their dash pad but they seem to have parts that are difficult to find, like the seat hinges and glove box insert.

68Fan

I have not checked Sacramento Mustang but I have checked American Mustang (Rancho Cordova) and they sell the DD type/heavy grained repo. I'm thinking that American & Sacramento Mustang are very similar? Thanks for the feedback.
Sean (68Fan)