• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Power Steering Reservoir source

franklinair

I've seen P/S components on E-bay, Parts & Accessories. NPD sells the teal color aerosol for the reservoir.

Neil

OP
OP
JohnnyQuest515

JohnnyQuest515

68, Guess I thought it was a separate part last time I looked. So the 68 is integral with the pump? Mine leaks just thought there was an easier way to repair it.

Thanks, Randy

somethingspecial

When I rebuilt my pump, the pump was good but the can leaked. I purchased a gasket rebuild kit through the local Napa Auto Parts store. I requested a genuine Ford kit and they came through for me. It was about $15.00 (sorry, don't remember the part #) Easy to rebuild, just take note as you pull it apart what gasket and O-Ring goes where. Great time to knock out any dents that might be in the reservoir can. Make sure you do it in a clean environment as to keep dirt out of the pump. Remember, no matter how much you drain that pump, when you crack open the reservoir tank from the pump body it will make a big mess. Do it over a drain pan. Good luck. Mike