• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Tell Ford SVT what you think of the '07 GT/CS

mikegtcs1968

A genetics class may be in order.....women and men have the same chromosome count...otherwise, they would be classified as a seperate species. As you said before Moses..."it's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt". Lets learn from this man and encourage all of our children to stay in school.
How have I slammed you, women, special needs kids, or democrats? I was just asking if you are a democrat? No mention was made of women, or special needs kids. If paul was offended, I'm sorry, but I'm not responsible for misunderstandings of the truth on his part. Maybe I'm incorrect in assuming that paul has never worked corporate in the automobile industry? Maybe I'm incorrect in assuming there isn't an authoritative panel that appoints official "GT/CS experts"? If I'm wrong in these assumptions, I will retract my statement and apologize to paul.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

mikegtcs1968 said:
A genetics class may be in order.....women and men have the same chromosome count...otherwise, they would be classified as a seperate species. Lets learn from this man and encourage all of our children to stay in school.

See I told you I wasn't very smart. Thanks for clearning that up.

Now what about the out-of-context issue?

mikegtcs1968

"Ford marketing didn't do their job. They didn't talk to me, nor did they persue this website for any opinions or thoughts from anyone else. I'd say that was their loss."

"Quite frankly, there would be no late model GT/CS, if I'd hadn't kept it alive through my books, and the resulting information in magazines, and even by this website's existence."

----Ford didn't pursue paul or this website for opinions or thoughts.....but if it wasn't for paul or this website, Ford wouldn't have created a new GT/CS. This seems to be quite contradictory. Knowing that Ford marketing breathes life into a project, and can just as easily kill a project.... does this mean that Ford blindly creates a car for an arbitrary man, his arbitrary booklets and blurbs in magazines, and his arbitrary website? For me, this type of logic is laughable. It seems this car was most likely not created by input from paul, this website, or his media contirbutions.

This then disproves another statement of his.."I've been doing this (at cost to me) since 1985, and if I hadn't, this Mustang would have fallen into obscurity". So low and behold....the new GT/CS would have been created regardless of paul or this website. Lets all realize that Ford is capable of remembering and reviving it's own heritage without help from an independent "historian".

Last edited:

Mosesatm

mikegtcs1968 said:
"Ford marketing didn't do their job. They didn't talk to me, nor did they persue this website for any opinions or thoughts from anyone else. I'd say that was their loss."

"Quite frankly, there would be no late model GT/CS, if I'd hadn't kept it alive through my books, and the resulting information in magazines, and even by this website's existence."

----Ford didn't pursue paul or this website for opinions or thoughts.....but if it wasn't for paul or this website, Ford wouldn't have created a GT/CS. This seems to be quite contradictory. Knowing that Ford marketing breathes life into a project, and can just as easily kill a project.... does this mean that Ford blindly creates a car for an arbitrary man, his arbitrary booklets and blurbs in magazines, and his arbitrary website? For me, this type of logic is laughable.

:rofl: :frust:

joedls

Mosesatm said:
Don't let him get to you Paul. Mike has always had a hair up his butt. Remember he's the guy who called Special Olympic kids, "retards", and accused me of insurance fraud because I suggested insuring a GT/CS for $40,000. That figure looks a little low now.

He needs to learn the golden rule that "it's better to be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt".

I remember this guy. He's the guy that decorates with swastikas and rebel flags.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Gee, where do I begin?

Thanks, Arlie for your support. You managed to "precipitate the source". LOL.

It wasn't so much Mike's comments that got me torqued, but how it reminded me of how Ford seems to miss the direct connection with Mustang enthusiasts. Arguing over what the bean counters say or do is a moot point. My point was how doing a car like this should involve "experts" (no matter how they got there). I don't know if Rick Kopec was contacted about the Shelby, nor was a Mach 1 Registry expert consulted for the '04 version. If SVT wishes to make a lot of these limited editions, then it would do them well to persue this expertise. What marketing does with the information is up to them--as well as how the car may actually turn out. It's just good PR to do that, because word travels fast (by this example) on the internet, and I have a mailing list of about 800 folks that might give a new CS a good look at their local dealer.

Ford and SVT will produce this version of the GT/CS, and there's not a lot I, nor anyone else can do. It might be better than we've seen in some spy photos; we'll just have to see. I really do think that someone in marketing went surfing on the 'net (Googled "GT/CS"), and saw this site, and some other things, like the cars for sale on EBAY, etc. They must have concluded that it was still a viable Mustang marque to make. I think with what we've done, the CS might have overshadowed editions like, oh, say..."Ski Country, or Blue Bonnet, or Branded Special, or Twister Special" (nothing against those cars). You see, The CS wasn't a Dearborn-created Mustang in '68, it was born in California. Dearborn hated that, and since then, really didn't know about, nor did they aknowledge it for over 35 years. So, marketing must have tripped over that big rock of history and appreciation that I put there back in 1988.

I'm sorry that this discussion escalated into politics and other unrelated things. The bottom line is to see how this car pans out in sales. Yes, there might be a 2008 version, which "might" need some consulting (but this time I won't hold my breath!).

In the meantime, we have a lot more now to be proud of. I just read in Automobile Magazine how the new Challenger (if they make it) WILL greatly increase the value of the original Challengers. A new GT/CS will validate the legitimacy of this Mustang to thousands of people, and that image will affect auction values. So, we'll let this topic rest for now, and let's move on to appreciating what we have.

Thanks everyone for your support.

Paul N.

390cs68rcode

trink31.gif
trink31.gif
trink31.gif

Mosesatm

joedls said:
I remember this guy. He's the guy that decorates with swastikas and rebel flags.

Shoot, I forgot about that one.

If it weren't black, it reminds me of the interiors mexican's put in their trucks. It's just missing the tassles, curtains over the windows, and the crown air freshener.

I guess we add persons of Mexican heritage to the list of people he's offended.

I think it's fairly obvious who's missing the chromosome.

Ok, this is just too easy so it's getting boring.

Jason, how did you insert the popcorn smiley? Did you just cut and paste or is it more complicated?

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/ has some great smileys that I'd like to use but i don't know the process.

Gatorbait

mikegtcs1968 said:
Maybe I'm incorrect in assuming there isn't an authoritative panel that appoints official "GT/CS experts"? If I'm wrong in these assumptions, I will retract my statement and apologize to paul.

It is the FACT that someone has a specialized knowledge that others do not have that makes them an "expert" on a particular matter, but if you need a vote, I vote Paul as not only A expert, but THE expert, because I am not aware of any other human being on the planet that has devoted more time or energy to this subject than him, or has more knowledge. I believe the majority of GT/CS owners and enthusiats are represented on this board, or if not the majority, certainly the largest collective group, and many of them are "experts" on the GT/CS. However, my guess is every single one of them (except maybe you) would say Paul is THE "expert" on the subject.

Mosesatm

Paul wrote an extremely detailed and accurate book on the subject and no one else has so that alone should make hm the expert in most people's minds.

He doesn't know it all and has admitted so. He regularly thanks us for new information he picks up from this board. He even asks us for help from time to time.

And since you are correct in that there is no official "authoritative panel that appoints official GT/CS experts" I think it's safe to assume that when the most GT/CS-knowledgeable people on the planet (us) nearly unanimously say Paul is the expert then Paul is the expert.

But if you want it in a formal manner then I propose that from this moment forward we declare the members of this message board the "authoritative panel that appoints GT/CS experts" and we declare Paul an expert.:grin:

Mustanglvr

So what are Mikes credentials again? I don`t know why he is bothering to question Paul or anything regarding this subject. I seriously doubt he has the credentials that Paul has.

68gt390

Mustanglvr said:
So what are Mikes credentials again? I don`t know why he is bothering to question Paul or anything regarding this subject. I seriously doubt he has the credentials that Paul has.

Well, he did not to long ago sell some GT/CS parts here on the site and I guess you could say if it counts, he's got his head so far up his ass that he can't see daylight. Would those be credentials? :rofl:

Don

hookedtrout

Not that I really want any part of this conversation but it seems to have gone from dealing with the issue at hand to dealing with the person, nothing gets solved when you deal with a person and not the issue. I think we all need to step back a little and see both sides of the issue. For me, and I've said it before, it's about the love of the car, not the money, not the patents, not the copywrites, not who knows more or who knows less. At times I think we all get a little bit arrogant in who we are or who we support.

I don't think anyone on this site came up with the original idea of the CS, I don't think anyone here owns any of the original ideas. There is no doubt that some of us are in it for the money and that is neither right nor wrong it's a matter of personal choice. I have a great deal of respect for Paul and all he has done for our CS's and thier recognition. Do I think at times Paul sees the money side of it more than the love side of it? Yes I do, and that is his perogative to do so. If I were in Pauls shoes I'd encourage anyone that wanted to use my information to do so, that's just who I am because I love the car and anything that would help someone else out would be OK with me. Should Paul do the same? Absolutely not, he put a lot of time into what he has, not even I have any idea how much he has spent in time and money and if he wants to protect that he has every right and I respect that. Does that make everyone that disagrees with him an ass? I don't think so and by someone taking the other side it only makes the rest of us put more thought into it and we all end up better for it.

Let's just agree to disagree at times and try to get along. Short of the occassional people that jump in here to stir the pot that don't own a CS we are all here for one common reason, the GT/CS, and I love mine.

Stepping down.

Cory

Jayscal

I don't remember when, but someone here said they missed spirited threads.

THIS IS IT !

So it is obvious, from what we have seen of this new GT/CS, we are not pleased. Is this what Californians thought of this dressed up car back in 1968? I only hope history does not repeat itself once again, but with what I have seen from the photos it may very well be the same scenario. I was planning on ordering one, but I am not sure now.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I wasn't going to say much more here, and move on, but I have to admit that I am truly, truly honored for the support. What an honor to be "knighted" by these boards! (psst..that'll bee $5.00, Cory) LOL!

You guys are great. Yesterday, I was actually scanning photos for the new book (boy, you're gonna love it!), and --"WHOA"! --read what was being said. No, my ego isn't that fragile to get stepped on., but on message boards, it's hard to not take things to heart. I'm interested in what people have to say--good or bad, yet sometimes someone has "some sort of agenda".

I greatly appreciate the aknowledgement, although I am well aware of other expertise out there, such as engine specs, electrical, body and paint, and "ground up" restorations. I've always said that "it's great to be an "expert, but then you have to live with it" LOL. I owe much to what I "know" to those of you out there that have sent me bits and pieces, and examples of your cars. It's a collective type of thing, and I'd be the first to admit at what I DON"T know. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten appreciative comments in letters and registrations in the mail over the years!

This is a solid group, and if there appears to be a profit motive, it was not intentional. I DO need to support what I do, but I feel that information that I provide has a value (right now, it's my only source of income, as I'm between projects). For example, my documentation on the "Green Hornet" years ago, has helped it's value to over $2M, which I'll never see any real renumeration for. I don't charge owners "per hour" for CS research, and I never have. My new book will be pricey, but it's not out of spite or selfishness--it's because I have spent a lot ot time on it, and it will help the value of your, and all CS (and HCS) cars. If a concours bracket is $100, why not the same for information and resources that is specifically researched? It's as if I'm working for you, and your car (which looks like may be approaching values of $30-60K or more). The EBAY prices for my previous books has set a new standard, so, I feel that I deserve a piece of that pie. I want to product a quality product with a lot of class, that can be presented at car shows to (the envy of) other Mustangers.

Thanks again, and let's get on with enjoying our Mustangs!

Paul M. Newitt

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I'm considering having a limited number (1,000 to 1,500) of hardbound cover, signed and numbered 180 page versions for $90-100 each. And then a softcover (unsigned) version for considerably less, without the registry.

Paul N.

Jayscal

I thought earlier you said around $50 for a complete book with registry and DVD?

390cs68rcode

PNewitt said:
I'm considering having a limited number (1,000 to 1,500) of hardbound cover, signed and numbered 180 page versions for $90-100 each. And then a softcover (unsigned) version for considerably less, without the registry.

Paul N.

I will take numbers one and two of the numbered ones and 2-3 of the others.