• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

question, cal special t-shirts

rvrtrash

When I get the details worked out with Paul N. and get copies of his designs, I will find out what it would cost to have T-shirts and Polo's made up. I will then take orders from this site. He's indicated though that it will be another month before he's ready to deal with this (as per an earlier post, he hasn't contacted me yet) so it's way to early to start taking orders. He may not even want me to take on the project for some reason. If someone is an artist, they could always develop their own design and sell the shirts here. It looks like there is plenty of demand.
Steve

Diesel Donna

I still have my tee shirt that Cory showed too...can't seem to find my other striped one. But I sure would buy a few new ones...especially polo's because I am soooo tired of the old rod run type tee shirts. But I'd still buy tee's if they were available.

~~~~Donna

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I can check with a local company I've worked with for polos and denim shirts. These would be embroidered, not silk screened.

I really like Paul's logo and it will look great silk screened. But maybe for embroidered polos something simple would be best, like just the CS script or side scoop stripe.

Picture a Highland Green shirt w/ white stripe logo, or Meadowlark Yellow shirt w/ black stripe. Here's just a 5 minute mockup as an idea:

polo.jpg

hookedtrout

Accapulco blue with white stripes, white with blue stripes, I even like the white with black in your mock up, I'll take 3 or 4.

Cory

Diesel Donna

Ooooh yes Jon I like the idea of denim shirts even better.And embroidery always beats silk screened. They may cost more but they look classier and last longer.

~~~~Donna

Mosesatm

Much classier than the t-shirt.

Is Ford's approval required?

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'd still love to see t-shirts done also. I wasn't trying to replace them as an option. Personally I'd probably buy a couple of t-shirts and a polo. Sometimes you just want to wear a t-shirt and jeans. :smile:

As for copyright issues with Ford, I'm not sure. I suppose it could be considered a logo, but it's really just a simple font and 3 stripes. I'll have to think about that one. I just threw the idea out there.

bbeatty

Bingo! :) Nice and simple. I like the idea of the registery logo on the sleeve as well. At least a "californiaspecial.com"

Mosesatm

bbeatty said:
Bingo! :) Nice and simple. I like the idea of the registery logo on the sleeve as well. At least a "californiaspecial.com"

I'll second that.

Midnight Special

...I can design & produce personalized T-shirts. I'll get to work on some designs and post them on a gallery here & see what you think. I've done mostly airplanes in the past & plan on doing a few Specials. Please feel free to e-mail me if you want to see some prior samples.

somethingspecial

Folks, I have seen several of Midnight Special's (Tim) designs, and they are second to none, in fact, I have several T-shirts he has designed for Air Shows. Give him some Ideas of what you want, and I am sure he can come up with some great graphics. Mike

rvrtrash

How about Jon's GT/CS with stripes for the front (Polo and T-shirt), "CaliforniaSpecial.com" on one of the sleeves and on the back of the T-shirts put a front, rear and side view of a Special. Maybe offer it in a black shirt with white cars, white shirt with red cars, etc.
Steve

Mosesatm

My vote is for just the GT/CS logo or some other tasteful insignia, and add the website on the sleeve(s). I may be in the minority here but I won't wear a shirt with a lot of graphics all over it. Simple and tasteful is good. Don't want to end up on What not to wear.

Mustanglvr

The shirts must have a California Special somewhere on them, otherwise people are gonna think GT/CS is some company logo or something. I think it should say California Special in script over the heart and GT/CS on one sleeve and californiaspecial .com on the other sleeve. Then a tasteful pic of a California Special on the back. Or maybe just a small pic on the left side of the front opposite the script. The color combinations you guys have mentioned sound great.

Mosesatm

My concern is that graphics and pictures don't really relate well to polo shirts. They are ok on t-shirts but I think it will be very, very difficult to make a polo shirt look good with anything but a logo or small graphic, like the GT/CS letters. Is it possible to make something as small as the Izod alligator look like a car? If so, that might be an option.

PFSlim

Not to confuse things but it appears to me that Tim is wanting to take a stab at the t-shirt and then we have Jon's idea of the clean polo shirt.

Whatever we do, I would love to see the CaliforniaSpecial.com on the shirt and the Registry decal on the shirt or sleeve. Clean is good for the polo shirt and having a car on the t-shirt is cool as well.

Jon - is cool with you if we promote the website with something on the sleeve??

Paul

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Mosesatm said:
My concern is that graphics and pictures don't really relate well to polo shirts. They are ok on t-shirts but I think it will be very, very difficult to make a polo shirt look good with anything but a logo or small graphic, like the GT/CS letters.
Agreed. I think we're talking about two separate designs; 1 for t-shirts and 1 for polos/denims. The polo/denim would be embriodered (which means a fairly simple design) and the t-shirt would be silk screened allowing for a more elaborate and larger design.

I'd like to hear back from Paul N. also. I'll shoot him an email.