• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Chased down a GT/CS today...

PonyGal

I was driving down Hwy 50 on my way home from work today and when I looked in the rear view mirror my jaw dropped. I saw those tell-tale fog lights and my eyes got wide. Oh my God! It's a California Special!! As soon as it was safe to do so, I pulled into the next lane and let it pass me all the while taking pictures with my cell phone. When he started to get off the freeway at the very same exit as me, I knew I had to try to get his attention. So what did I do???? I chased him down of course :grin:

I guess when he saw that I was following him, he pulled over. I jumped out of my car (not the Special), and proceeded to talk "Mustangs" with him. I told him all about this site and invited him to join us. His name is Roosevelt and he has owned his CS for about 8 years. Hope he joins us! And, I hope he doesn't think I'm some crazy lady for chasing him down :icon_conf

Here are a couple of pictures that I took...

Attachments

• Roosevelt1.jpg
    Roosevelt1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 95
  • Roosevelt2.jpg
    Roosevelt2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 108

somethingspecial

That is awsom, I haven't seen that one before either. Like the color, looks close to my copper GT/CS. Hope he joins. Thanks for sharing Renee. Mike

robert campbell

Good Job Renee'! What better than a beatiful woman with a flower in her hair to chase you down!

Unique color. Wonder if it came with this color or a similar color. Don't see a Copper in 1968, but I had a 1967 Mustang in Burnt Amber with Medium Saddle interior trim. This looks a bit darker.

Wonder if it has a 1111 with its DSO that to my experience denotes a "special order" car and or paint.

That should stir up an opinion or two....

Rob

OP
OP
PonyGal

PonyGal

I didn't get the chance to ask him about the paint color. I was on my way to the gym and he was looking for the Harley shop up the street. He did say that he redid the seats and was waiting on some new instrument panels to come in. His were pretty much shot... I also asked if he had a Marti report, and he was not aware of what it was. So, I told him to definitely come out here and join us and we would be happy to help him with any questions that he may have.

Hey Roosevelt, if you are out there lurking, come join us and post a bit more info on your car. New members are always welcome here!! :smile:

Last edited: