• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS Marchal Lights on EBay

68gt390

Found this listing on ebay today and found it interesting. Individual is advertising these as original NOS Marchal Fog Lights used on 68 GT/CS cars and Shelby's. Not only is casing incorrect (stamped 653) but, the lens are also incorrect. He states the lens are stamped with "made in England". I was under the impression the Marchal lights were made in France. I have placed the link below for those interested. I would be very leary buying from this individaul. I have sent him an email asking some questions. Will be interesting to see reply. They are close but, not close enough for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4553302450

Don ::)

P

PNewitt

Great catch, Don.

This 653 light has three things "wrong" with it to be a Shelby/GT/CS light:

-The Marchal logo "shield" cast into the lens was not in the Shelby/CS 656 version

-The 656 version has NO metal pin in the center of the lens.

- I don't know about this "made in England" bit. Maybe he deals with Lucas lights, too and got confused? The 656 has the word "Fantastic" and "Made in France" cast into the glass.

This guy would have more luck selling this 653 to the Ferrari crowd.

Thanks for showing us the differences between a 653 and 656!

Paul N.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Received a reply on the above ebay posted item. This was his reply:

"Just going on what i was told. Thanks Marty"

You would think one would do some homework before just taking someone's word and posting it on ebay. It is advertisements such as this that I hope will teach us all a good lesson - "DO YOUR HOMEWORK" and know what you are looking at. Their are a lot of so called "Mustang Experts" out there who are just looking to take advantage of folks who for what ever reason just don't know.

Thanks again to Paul's Books, one more misrepresentation has been exposed for all to see. That's just my take on it.

Don ;)

P

PNewitt

I love it when that happens!

Thanks to all of you, too, who keep an eye on these things.

I think it's the verbage in these ads on auction sites that are so annoying!! The good thing is that I finally got to see the differences between the 653 and 656. If that guy only know that the 60's Ferarri guys would want that set of lights!!

They used them (653) on those early Ford Capris in Europe, too, before they imported them over here.

Thanks--you guys are too good!
Paul N.