• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti Report Issue

68MustangHCS

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has a similar issue with their Marti Report than I do. My car was built in San Jose and ordered by the Denver Ordering District, and built on June 20, 1968.

My Marti Report states that my car is equipped with the "California Special" option and also the "High Country Special" option for 1968.

So does that mean my car is a California Special and a High Country Special? I have statistics listed on my report stating that 3,193 mustangs were ordered from the Denver DSO and 4,118 with the California Special option. I have no statistics on my report stating how many HCS’ were built in 1968. It’s a strange issue. I called Marti about the issue and questioned them, they stated that they would have to further research the HCS issue, I guess for more $$$? I said thanks anyway and goodbye.

I was just wondering if anyone had the same issue with their Marti Report.

Steve Kirkpatrick
Jacksonville NC :mad:

hicountrybob

Steve, send me a copy of your Marti report, if you would, and/or your evening ph.# and I'll call you to see what's what. All of my Marti reports states, "Your vehicle was ordered with the following options: California Special Select Shift Cruise-O-Matic F70x14 Belted Traction Tires bla bla bla" in a list form. Then Kevin Marti makes the following statement 3-4 lines below that list ie. " Although this car was billed as a California Special, it is actually a High Country Special". end of quote. He knows that statement is proper because of the DSO 51. Bob 303-424-3866 if you wish.

P

PNewitt

If it's any help, it was a separate "deal" between the 71 DSO dealers and the 51 DSO dealers to sell them "GT/CS" cars--to become HCS cars. All they did at San Jose was delete the script, and no stripes on the scoops.

Just like you "ignore" certain error messages on your computer (i.e. you know better), the "Ford-ese" language on the Marti Report tells it within the deal--not as it finally ended up in Denver.

I hope that makes sense..

Paul N.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Basically a California Special with a DSO of 51 automatically became a High Country Special.

L8GR868

Steve
My California Special was also built on June 20th. My car has a 65 DSO it came here to Oklahoma City. My Marti report shows it was built 13 days ahead of schedule. Door tag shows July 3. I was wondering what your production number is, mine is 68,338. Your date is the only car that I have seen with the same build date.
Eric

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

[quote author=L8GR868 link=board=1;threadid=1553;start=0#msg9366 date=1112908504]
Steve
My California Special was also built on June 20th. My car has a 65 DSO it came here to Oklahoma City. My Marti report shows it was built 13 days ahead of schedule. Door tag shows July 3. I was wondering what your production number is, mine is 68,338. Your date is the only car that I have seen with the same build date.
Eric
[/quote]

Eric,

I just wish Marti Motorworks would list the HCS statistics, that would be nice to see those numbers on the report.

Oh, my Mustang is #66,933 for 1968.

Serialized on 06/06/68
Bucked on 06/17/68
Scheduled for build on 06/21/68
Built on 06/20/68
Released on 06/22/68
Sold on 07/18/68

I see our numbers are a little off, but I bet that has something to do with the serialization date and the schedule for build date.

I have the owners manual with the sales and owner data typed in it stating who the owner, sold on 7/18/68 by Johnnie Harper Motors of Wheat Ridge Colorado.

Does anyone know where the buck tag is located?

Steve

P.S. I'm going to either mail or emaill a copy of my Marti Report to Bob Teets, and a copy of my Owners Manual information. Bob said my car was already in the registry, and he would just change owner names.

68gt390

Steve;
You won't find a buck tag or what is referred to as a build tag on our cars. Initially use of these tags was limited to the Metuchen NJ plant starting in 1965. Dearborn MI started using them in 67. The San Jose plant used them for a short time in 1970.

Don

19HCS68

Steve,

I ordered the deluxe report from Marti. My original report from him did not even state my car was an HCS. It did show the option of Cal. Special, but NOTHING at all about it being an HCS. Except the DSO of 51. After phoning Kevin Marti on the issue of no HCS listed on my report, I was in formed by him that "I got what I paid for and I should have asked specifically for that info. But, for an additional $12 he would do another report stating my car was 1 of 251 HCS produced in the stats box." When I originally sent the info to get my report I did not want to 'lead" them to as what car I had. (Kind of a test for Mr. Marti) I sent the VIN and door tag info so Marti Auto Works would tell me that I did indeed buy an HCS car. I thought that this report was to tell ME what my build options were. Not the other way around. ::) (My opinion) I did pay the additional money so my first $40 would not go to waste as I wanted that info on my report to begin with or I would not have ordred the deluxe report. By the way, my car was also built on June 20, 1968. Twelve days ahead of schedule. Hope this info is some help to you.

Gary