• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Update on My Lime Gold GT/CS

rvrtrash

Steve, The color of the stamps depended upon the color of the car...darker cars had yellow stamps and lighter cars used a black. Jeff and I have corresponded about the placement of stampings, and I've used original cars to guide me on the stampings. I've used Testor's paint and poured the paint onto a small piece of cardboard. I take a small paint brush to spread out the paint on the cardboard and then put the stamp pad in the paint. Finally I stamp the fender, hood, headlight bucket, etc. If I don't like the stamping, I wipe off the stamp with mineral spirits and do it again.

I think the stamps I made up were for the engine compartment, so I guess I'd want to use yellow. (?) Would you or J mind posting a list of which stamp goes where?

Steve

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

Steve, I'll try to post some photos of the stamps and the locations. As Jeff may have said, each paint inspector had a stamp with his/her number, so there would be two or more paint inspectors that checked the quality of the paint. I'm not familiar with the four different types of stamps (maybe Jeff could enlighten us on these), but I know the type that was used in February and March, 1968. Hope this helps, Russ

robert campbell

Ooooh Russ I am so jealous. I remember when my paint was new and it was gorgeous. My interior is five shades of green so I kept it that way. I agree that most people,especially those with a black interior...changed the paint color. To me it makes it look more "60's".

It isn't easy being green.....Kermit said that

Donna,
You do green well! My wife Val's 1967 fasback was Lime Gold! I am starting to like this color!! Your car is the bomb!

Rob

GTCSMustang

Steve, The color of the stamps depended upon the color of the car...darker cars had yellow stamps and lighter cars used a black.

I've only seen them yellow. My yellow car even has yellow inspector stamps.

Scott

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

Arlie, I hope to show the highland green and lime gold GT/CS cars together as a "his and hers" pair. I really don't "need" two GT/CS cars, but I sure do like both cars. By the way, the fiberglass end cap I got from you years ago is on the lime gold car...it worked out great!

Scott, I've seen a dark stamp (it appeared to be black) on a sunlit gold car. Maybe this is what Jeff was talking about with the four different variations. All of my cars have yellow stamps, including the lime gold car.

Russ

GTCSMustang

Scott, I've seen a dark stamp (it appeared to be black) on a sunlit gold car. Maybe this is what Jeff was talking about with the four different variations. All of my cars have yellow stamps, including the lime gold car.

Russ

Russ,

Not that you need any help, but if you do I have a Lime Gold GT/CS w/302 on the shelf if you want me to look at anything. Bought it from the original owner and still has original paint.

Scott

Attachments

• DSC00544.jpg
    DSC00544.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
Russ

Russ

Scott, What a collection!!! Your car appears to be identical to mine...only in much better original condition. Thanks for the offer, and if I come across something that I need help on, I'll contact you. Thanks again, Russ (By the way, great article in Mustang Monthly on your burgandy Mustang..congrats!)

Diesel Donna

Russ,

Not that you need any help, but if you do I have a Lime Gold GT/CS w/302 on the shelf if you want me to look at anything. Bought it from the original owner and still has original paint.

Scott

Hahahaaaa! "On the shelf"...Scott really means it!! Beautiful!

OP
OP
Russ

Russ

More Progress on My Lime Gold GT/CS

Well, since the first post, I have made some progress on the car. I installed the headliner and dash pad, installed and adjusted all the glass, finished assembling the motor, married the transmission to the motor and installed the motor/transmission.....whew!! The biggest challenge was the installation/alignment/operation of the side windows, which took about two hours per side (I'm really glad that job is OVER!). This car is going together very well, and I hope to have it completed by the end of November.

The next step is to complete the dashboard, install the interior and get the car running. Here are some photos of the progress. Russ

Attachments

• Lee-Tate III GT CS 002.jpg
    Lee-Tate III GT CS 002.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 44
  • Lee-Tate III GT CS 007.jpg
    Lee-Tate III GT CS 007.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Lee-Tate III GT CS 009.jpg
    Lee-Tate III GT CS 009.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Lee-Tate III GT CS 011.jpg
    Lee-Tate III GT CS 011.jpg