• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2nd Best of Show

PFSlim

Yesterday, the GT/CS went to the 25th Annual Mustang-Cobra Show in Liberty, MO. The GT/CS placed 1st in the 67-68 Coupe class and took "Best of Show".

It is funny how some shows the car does not even get a look. Other shows, it draws all the crowd.

By the way, I think putting the Elite Marti Report on display has made a huge difference in attracting people to the car this year.

Paul

Mustanger

Congratulations!! You're doing great by entering in these shows and going home with the trophies! Keep up the good work!!

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Thanks to everyone. I have enjoyed showing the car. As well, very cool to take the car to a show and have my son brag about the work he did on the car. He loves to accept the awards!!!

Paul

bbeatty

See what manual steering will do for ya! Congratulations!!

Dang - now not only do I not want to park next to you - I think I may have to park in the next row!!

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I hope everyone can see through the smoke screen that BBeatty just put up. He has a great car that I would be willing to park next to any day of the week!!!!

Paul

390cs68rcode

I completely agree that some shows you get a bunch of attention and some shows none. happens to me. Sometimes me and my buddies just sctarch our heads and shrug.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

That is about all you can do. If you try to figure it out, it will drive you nuts. I also like the fact that on some shows you can polish the car, get every little spot off the car, and not get a look from the judges. Those days when you feel like the car is not the best it has been, those are the days that it gets looked at closely, and receive awards.

Once again, can make you nuts if you think about it!! The right thing to do is to go, have a good time, talk to a few folks about the car and their cars, and leave with a smile on your face no matter what happens.

Paul

gt bandit

PFSlim said:
By the way, I think putting the Elite Marti Report on display has made a huge difference in attracting people to the car this year.

Paul

People just love historical information , just check out the lines going into the Alamo exhibit every day - not that I am suggesting that the CS is/was as important as the Alamo - but for a Car Buff it probably actually was!!

congrats on the award - how about posting the Trophy Picture ?

Diesel Donna

Congratulations Paul and pit crew! I'm in Joplin right now and for a couple more days.....know of any nearby shows I can attend along I-44? :smile:

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

This is a current photo of the throphy case here in my office.

Donna - I will be attending a show on Sat in a town called Plattsburg, MO, just north of Kansas City.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC01256.JPG
    DSC01256.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 30

Diesel Donna

Wow Paul, cool trophies! I can't make the Plattsburg show, I looked it up on the map and my sister and I have plans for Saturday. I leave here Sunday morning. I just told her about your show so I told her its' her call. Do you have any more specifics on where it is in case we change our mind? (We ARE women you know!)
I see it is a small town so you shouldn't be hard to find.

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Donna

That is correct. It is a small town. However, last year they held their first annual event and brought in over 125 cars. Very, very nice cars. All cars are welcome. Only 1975 cars and below are judged. I would expect to see around 150 cars this year.

Registration starts at 9:00. Zach and I will be there by then setting up. Plattsburg is about 45 minutes from our house. The show will be held on the downtown square. All proceeds go to the restoration of the downtown square.

Paul

Diesel Donna

PFSlim said:
Donna

That is correct. It is a small town. However, last year they held their first annual event and brought in over 125 cars. Very, very nice cars. All cars are welcome. Only 1975 cars and below are judged. I would expect to see around 150 cars this year.

Registration starts at 9:00. Zach and I will be there by then setting up. Plattsburg is about 45 minutes from our house. The show will be held on the downtown square. All proceeds go to the restoration of the downtown square.

Paul

Hmmm.....well we got there at 10:30 and no Paul and Zach! :icon_no: We went around to all the cars, went in all the antique stores:cheesy: and then checked the cars again...still no GT/CS! Nice little town, love those old restored houses. We left about 12:15. :cry: (There was an awesome 1954 Henley Packard Navy ambulance though! )