• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Trunk stripes needed (white), couple other questions.....

390cs68rcode

All the parts places sell only the whole kit. Anyone got the 2 trunk lid stripes they want to sell?

I have the courtesy lighting kit on my other 68 and it has the under dash lights and the under hood light and trunk light. Anyone have the under dash lights, hood light and trunk light they want to sell and where would the factory location of the courtesy light go in the trunk? On regular trunks they go inside the trunk lid which is not happening on ours.

Mosesatm

I used to have an extra underdash light but I don't know if I still do. If I still have one it is somewhere in the garage in a can full of junk. I'll look for it this weekend.

Beside it'll give me a good reason to clean out the garage. Well, that and to make room for the new addition. Who knows when that will be but the garage needs to be ready. Whenever I make room for a car I tell my wife I'm "nesting". She doesn't seem to find that too amusing.

GTCSMustang

Jason,

All 1968 Shelby's have the light in the trunk lid. I'd assume that the GT/CSs would do it the same way. Looks like two of the holes are already there and one needs to be drilled. I'll try to get some pictures later today. Your car should have a very small hole in the bottom right hand corner (as viewed when the lid is open), and a square hole in the upper left hand corner on the side of the bracing...assuming the guy that sold you your car sold you one with an original deck lid. The small hole is for a clip that goes to the wiring harness, and the square hole is where the light goes. In addition to those two holes, you'd need to drill a hole for the harness to feed through.

Scott

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

assuming the guy that sold you your car sold you one with an original deck lid

you wouldn't happen to know that guy would you? ;) ;)

thanks. Gonna put new carpet into the gold mustang you sold me right now and will look at the CS as well.

thanks

Mosesatm

Jason, the under-dash light was not in the box it should have been in. It's funny how those things just up and leave from time to time. Sorry I couldn't help.

On a related topic, have you found a good wrecking yard for Mustangs in or around Houston?

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

mose

thanks for looking. I think I might have found a NOS light that might work, see below.
have not gone dumpster diving yet.

d2_1_b.JPG

hicountrybob

JB, the light you posted is the gear selecter light to be mounted on the floor shifter below the 67 or 68 floor console on an automatic (C4 or C6) Mustang. Bob

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

bob

I was hoping I could use these as the under dash lights until I could find the correct ones. If they won't work out at least I will have some spares for my console in my other 68. ;)