• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS in June issue of Mustang and Fords Magazine

Diesel Donna

Haven't gotten the issue yet...would it be yours? Bob McClurg was at Knott's and said his pictures may show up in that magazine or Mustang Monthly.

~~~~Donna

Midnight Special

...YES I saw it this a.m. Joe! My son picked up a copy last nite & I was going to mention it here, but you beat me to it ;-) Congratulations!

Attachments

• joedls.jpg
    joedls.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 24

Mosesatm

I don't mean to take this thread another direction but Tim's artwork gave me an inspiration.

Most good cemetery monument (headstone) fabricators now use computer-operated laser engraving equipment to add pictures to markers. If you want a picture of your GT/CS on your marker Tim's art (with his permission) could be scanned into the computer and burned forever on a granite stone. Some of the bigger and better companies can even color the engraving to match the picture. This technology is also being used to engrave caskets and urns.

So, there you go Tim, another source of revenue from your fantastic artwork!!

Last edited:

still looking for one

Mosesatm said:
I don't mean to take this thread another direction but Tim's artwork gave me an inspiration.

Most good cemetery monument (headstone) fabricators now use computer-operated laser engraving equipment to add pictures to markers. If you want a picture of your GT/CS on your marker Tim's art (with his permission) could be scanned into the computer and burned forever on a granite stone. Some of the bigger and better companies can even color the engraving to match the picture. This technology is also being used to engrave caskets and urns.

So, there you go Tim, another source of revenue from your fantastic artwork!!

OMFG:icon_pani

How far you gonna take this - cradle to the grave??!!

sample Inscription

"Here lies GT/CS Special owner Jake - Stepped on the gas instead of the brake"

As per his last wishes, he was buried behind the wheel of his GT/CS
sohis journey could continue on another highway. Ashes to ashes, rust to rust

ATTN MODERATOR; Jon, thread is being hijacked!!:eek:
Bring it baaaack! Thanks, Jim

marie68csmustangs

I would love to see the article about Joe's car in that Magizine - I would also love to see the article written about Tim's "Midnight Special" other car that He had and now, Mike "Something Special Owns.. It was in a Issue of Mustang Illustrated don't know what year.

Marie

Midnight Special

marie68csmustangs said:
I would love to see the article about Joe's car in that Magizine - I would also love to see the article written about Tim's "Midnight Special" other car that He had and now, Mike "Something Special Owns.. It was in a Issue of Mustang Illustrated don't know what year.

Marie

...Marie, I'll ask Mike to bring in the magazine features he has next time you come up here. There were numerous restoration articles written in 'Illustrated', but I don't remember what yr./ mo. It's going to be an incredible final story as he is going completely concourse with a car that was so heavily modified from original (flared fenders, leopard skin intereior ((what the hell was I thinking when I bought it back then?)) plus a whole lot of other mods)... It was fun, loud & fast - that's all I knew ;-) Now, it is shaping up to be a real collector piece!

Midnight Special

...It was the 390GT w/ a nasty cam & I think 11.5-1 pistons, big Holley carb and hollow thrush side pipes. Marie, you've been around that WWII F4U Corsair up here when it fires off... The Special sounded like that every morning in my parents carport - I was a reliable 'alarm clock' for most of the neighborhood ;-)

Attachments

• 904.jpg
    904.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 16

marie68csmustangs

Tim -

Yeah, You told me about being the alarm clock for the neighborhood.. Yep, been around that F4U Corsair :)) when it fires off... it's very awesome sound! I can't believe that the special sounded like that.. :))