• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Correct console color?

somethingspecial

The color of my interior is Ivy Gold, I just aquired a 4spd console and it is in great shape, but it is black. I've seen black consoles in Ivy Gold interior cars, but I have also seen the Light Ivy Gold consoles. Does anyone know which is correct, or are both correct ??? If black is not correct, how can I change the color. I know I can paint the lower section, but how can I change the color of the padding??? Mike

PFSlim

You can change console color by ordering the color you want from NPD. It will come in a spray paint can and comes in vinyl and steel finish. I would paint the upper part (hard plastic) from the steel side and paint the lower part with the vinyl finish. We changed our console color and it takes several coats, but works great. Shake well before using.

Paul

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Thanks Paul, that really helps. This is a beautiful console and it's a shame to have to paint it, but I want it right. Mike

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Paul, Nice spread on the gallery, You should be proud. Thanks for the tips, Your console looks great. Mike ;D