• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS on the auction block

hotrodgrany

Last night we were watching Barret Jackson Auction of classic cars. The sold a 68 GT/CS for $40,000. It was lime green with white top convertable and I believe they said something about K. As you know I know some about the early models, through all of you. I think it should have gone for much more, what do you all think. This would be an excellent addition to anyone car collection. Did anyone else see it?

karolscali

i was there in jan/08 it was a seafoam green with white vinyl top, it was a restored number matching j code, there was two other gt/cs that went thru the block off prime time one was a 390 gt/cs with bench seat, only for 20k, and a c code mostly restored i think it went for only 22k, if it is on prime time you get more. i see there is no gt/cs going thru the block in jan/09 going back to see it all again.

OP
OP
hotrodgrany

hotrodgrany

You are right on the color, seafoam green, maybe it was J code,like I said ,I need to ask the experts on this, but it was an awesome looking 68 GT/CS. I would love to go to one of these auctions some day, just dreaming. My husband and I love just watching anyway. We were watching a program and something was said about there was another car that was made that year, I believe in Colorado, and when I said High Counrty, I am correct, right. I still think the price could have gone some higher.

Mosesatm

I think this is the car that sold at BJ for roughly $49.000 a few years ago. The actual cost to the buyer was more like $53,000 with the fee. He then auctioned it a couple years later on BJ and got $40,000 for it ($36,000 with fee).