• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS grille color

dbeal

I am working on my grille and am getting ready to paint it. What would the correct color be for the grille and the fog light brackets that are mounted in the grille? In looking at photo's it looks like a dark argent. Is that correct?

Darrell

Russ

Hi Darrell,

It sounds like you are making great progress on that GT/CS!! The color I used on the grill and surrounding panels is "Cast Blast" by Martin Senyor. It comes in a spray can and can be purchased by Chaffin's Garage in Corona, CA. The phone number is (909) 735-4791. I don't think you will find a better match with an easier application.

Russ

P

PNewitt

Although I've never seen the color of "cast blast", the true grille color is the same as for 1972 LTD cars.

I don't have the official Ford color # in front of me right now, but I'm sure Doug has it...

It's called a dark grey metallic. Ditzler 9294? We'll get it for ya..

Paul.

bish

Toms right, The 67 Styled Steel wheel paint is real close if not dead on.

Russ

Paul,
The "Cast Blast" color is a dark grey metallic, that is also low gloss. I don't believe the grill and shroud should be the color of the argent wheels, as this is more of a silver than a dark grey metallic. Hope this helps,

Russ

bish

Russ,

The paint for the rims we were referring to was used on the 67 styled steel wheel, not the silver used starting in 68. Again it's real close, just as the "cast blast" you suggest.

OP
OP
D

dbeal

well I have both paints the dark argent and blast cast..so just for fun I tried both on a section..they are almost identical.... I have more blast cast paint than dark argent so I iwll use the blast cast..Thanks for all who helped with this! :D