• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Grille for GT/CS/HCS on ebay

68gt390

Beware of person on ebay offering factory correct grille for GT/CS and HCS. This particular person has already ripped me off for this part. I originally saw grille on ebay previously and contacted the person about acquiring subject piece. He offered the part through regular internet contact. Money order was sent and received and signed for but, part has never been received by myself. I checked his feed back rating on ebay and it showed 100%, I figured it would be a good prchase. I learned a valuable lesson on this one. He is operating under the screen name of "rareshelbyparts". I know through reading previous posts here that this person was asked to leave this particular site. Just a heads up.

carvensno

sorry :-[ to hear that 68gt390, but i know the one your talking about, :mad: i have seen that grille on e-bay about 2 months ago my self and he want a arm and a leg for it. you would think that if e-bay has heard about this guy ripping people off that they would just ban him from selling stuff. but who knows???????????? ???

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

To hcsstang; Unfortunetly my dealing with him wasn't on ebay. If it had been trust me I'd have given him some negative feed back. Now, I'll let the legal system do it's thing and see were it goes. I've received 2 emails from this person saying the part was mailed. Kinda wonder why when I ask for a tracking # - no reply. I beleive in the old saying "What goes around comes around". Besides, I'm a patient person, I've got all the time in the world to deal with this guy. ;D

68sunlitgold

The person referenced above is the X-californiaspecial.com person who is now gone and also signed on to this site as Paul once.
Doug

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

What's up Doug;
I received another e-mail from this guy this morning after the e-mail I sent him through ebay. His reply was he can't force the mail to go any faster and he's not in the business of screwing over people. It's been well over a month and even if it came by slow boat from China I would think it would of been here by now. I truly hope this A------ reads this site. What he doesn't understand there are ways to let people know what's really going on. As for Ebay, I'm done with them as well.

carvensno

well the guy only has 8 feed backs, and so much for the once in the life time grille, he must be making like 1 grille every 2 months or something ???. hey 68gt390 so meaning the legal system? so you have already talked to a lawyer then i take it? yes plz keep us updated ;D

rvrtrash

Have you considered contacting the Postal Inspectors? Since you mailed the money order, they may have some jurisdiction. If it was a postal money order they can really mess with him. Good luck and keep us posted on the outcome. There isn't a lot of love for this guy here.
Steve

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

[quote author=1 GT/CS link=board=1;threadid=852;start=0#msg4737 date=1081185046]
well the guy only has 8 feed backs, and so much for the once in the life time grille, he must be making like 1 grille every 2 months or something ???. hey 68gt390 so meaning the legal system? so you have already talked to a lawyer then i take it? yes plz keep us updated ;D
[/quote]

Haven't talked to a lawyer yet. So far I've filed a report/complaint with the State Attorney General's Office here in my home state as well as a report with the National Internet Fraud Information Center. Am currently waiting on a court date to file with Small Claims here with my local court who in turn will forward a judgement to the courts in his area. There is also a few other things I've done that I won't go into detail on at this time. Once things are done rest assured I'll let folks know.

OP
OP
68gt390

68gt390

Well folks, the delima has finally come to it's end. I received my grille yesterday 4/9/04. To be up front with everyone, it is an excellent piece and "rareshelbyparts" did an excellent job with it. To make a long story short, there were several mistakes made and had they been properly conveyed would have kept this whole situation from happening. I think some valuable lessons have been learned by all involved with this transaction.

Bottom line: If rareshelbyparts offers a part in the future that is needed for my car, I will do business with him again. I know there has been some heartburn in the past with members of this site and this person but, I would hope people can get past that and go about their business in a professional manner.

Don :) :)

L8GR868

I have had some problems as well. I had seen a GT/CS grille on Ebay and missed out on it . I e-mailed wanting wanting to buy a grille. He contacted me and I accepted his priice. That was in Feb. I mailed the money. anticipating my griile soon. Time past and no grille or reply. I emailed agin and recived a reply that it would be mailed in a week. More time past and then I saw a GT/CS grille on Ebay. I was pissed, no grille and he had one on Ebay. I finally I recived another e-mail that my grille had been shipped. I finally recived it Thursday. It took almost two months.
I must admit that the grille is very nice it looks great on my car. I told him that the only thing about out sale I didn't like was the communication. Mr Shellby Dallas appalogised for the communication problems. I belive that he makes great parts and would buy from him again.

darb

I actually spoke with him outside of the business world, and he informed me of his manufactoring process way before he started producing the grills.

He molded and crafted them himself, and I can't deny that they are of a good quality. He's making a lot of other reproduction parts as well.

The unfortunate behind it is his lengthly turn around time. He usually sells the grills on ebay, get your money - then using the money buys the parts and materials, makes the grills, then sends them out. I would imagine that's why it takes so long.

If he did business right, he'd take a chance and invest a little.

Not to mention I had a cracked steering wheel and sent it to him for repair. It came back looking great, until about a week later. The paint chipped off, the wheel cracked worse, and now the red primer he used is showing through and it's a total clash. Lesson learned.

In the future - I'd rather take my business elsewhere. Unless he starts showing a more professional approach, I advise everyone else to take their business elsewhere as well.

I'm glad everything turned out good for everyone - it'd be a dissapointment to have not received the grills at all....(like others of us have had happen on Ebay)

Brad

darb

Not to bring back the old fire that burned around here. But I'd like to make a few comments about my previous post:

1) I did speak to "MrShelbyDallas" and he does not simply take your money and use it to buy the parts. I was wrong there. I have no clue why the shipping time takes so long, but...that's on him.

2) He did offer to fix my steering wheel after I mentioned the mistakes, but I figured it might do the same thing.

Heck, I guess we can all agree he's just out there doing business. Everyone does business a different way.

Hopefully things work out for everyone.

Brad

hcsstang

When he first got on the website he wanted a picture of a HCS decal. Like a dummy I sent him my picture. He thanked me and said that he would send one of his copies . I'm still waiting. After a while he wrote me and said that he purchased an orginal one so I didn't get my decal. ::)