• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Saddle interior

???Considering a purchase, need guidance on interior color. Car under consideration is originally Highland Green ( R ) with data plate stamping of 2F (saddle) interior. Upon looking through registry, I find 1 Cal Spec with that interior. Also seems I read that there were none made with a beige interior, what ever that meant. Do any of you have a car with a standard (65A) saddle interior, or a delux for that matter? Just a matter of wonder and would appreciate any input. Have any of you seen a California Special with saddle interior or the interior code of 2F? This is a long distance discussion with owner but vehicle now has black interior with no signs of dye job according to owner. I know that people do change colors - exterior on this car is now red - but a complete interior change is a big project and has me curious. Thanks in advance, John Murphy

quicknick

I have seen 2 Cal Specs with deluxe saddle interiors. One was owned by a gentleman in the Chicago Ill. area. It was a T red car. He had it up for sale last year and I considered purchasing it. The other was a gold J code car I found in a junk yard down in Amarillo Tx. about 8 years ago. It had a deluxe interior as well. In fact I pulled the overhead console out of it. It is still sitting here on the shelf in my body shop.