• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Found the rusty CS

luisa2552

For almost 6 months I've been running across a rust bucket of a GT/CS around town. Everytime I see it I follow it hoping he'll stop. I always want to check if it's an S or even an R code and the guy doesn't realize what he has. Well, found it today and it was parked. It's a C code and it's had a rough life. It's lime green (at least it was) and what isn't rusted on the body is bondo. No scoops, no hood locks, no script, no tail pipes. Deluxe interior is shot. It makes me a little sad to see one of our cars in this condition.:cry:

OP
OP
L

luisa2552

I should have thought to remember the numer beyond 8R01C! I see it fairly frequently, this was the first time it was parked- I'll jot down the number next time.

Diesel Donna

That sounds a lot like the one I spotted at a popular hamburger place on I-15 between Temecula and Escondido, Ca. My eyes popped out when I saw it coming down the highway and into the parking lot. I went over and looked at the absolute worst CS I had ever seen. It had A/C and great looking Lucas foglights but the rest of the car was trashed. A dog was sitting in the back (no seat) and these guys told me that they owned a garage nearby and planned to fix the car up....I seriously doubt they ever did. :cry:

~~~~Donna

390cs68rcode

luisa2552 said:
For almost 6 months I've been running across a rust bucket of a GT/CS around town. Everytime I see it I follow it hoping he'll stop. I always want to check if it's an S or even an R code and the guy doesn't realize what he has. Well, found it today and it was parked. It's a C code and it's had a rough life. It's lime green (at least it was) and what isn't rusted on the body is bondo. No scoops, no hood locks, no script, no tail pipes. Deluxe interior is shot. It makes me a little sad to see one of our cars in this condition.:cry:

alot missing, I would doubt it is a real CS.

OP
OP
L

luisa2552

That crossed my mind too but it has the drill holes for the script, scoops and hood locks. Has the stripes and of course tail lights and deck lid. I'm going to try and get the full VIN.