• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Hood Pin Brackets

redonred

Hi all new to the Forum Just purchased a candyapple red gt/cs, unfortunatly for me the previous owner started a Resto, and the brackets that attach to the radiator support were not saved when it was replaced, so i have the bracket with the wire clip, but not what it attaches to on the car, i seem to be having major issues locating them. Any help is greatly appreciated.

robert campbell

The bracket that holds the receiver braket for the hood locks on a GT/CS is the same bracket that has an adjustable rubber bumper on all 67/68 Mustangs. the rubber hood bumper that goes on this bracket on a GT/CS is moved to a fender mounting bolt somewhat even to where the radiator support joins the inner fender panels.

I replaced my radiator support in my car, and as I remember, I needed to remove them from my old support (spot welded on) and transfer them to my new radiator support. My guess is you could find them on a car in a junk yard (not many left) or go to a supplier with old Mustang parts

any of this make sense??

Rob

OP
OP
R

redonred

those are what i have, the issue is the welded in piece on the radiator support is missing. Thanks for the quick response.

Mosesatm

Are these what you are looking for?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

redonred

Thanks you guys are the best, had a bit of a scare as to what i was missing for a while those would appear to be what im missing the highlighted portion of the pdf. Cant thank you all enough for the help.

PFSlim

Here is a picture of mine.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC01224.JPG
    DSC01224.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC01225.JPG
    DSC01225.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 30

hicountrybob

I had to remove them from my old radiator support and transfer them to the new one.
So did I 'cause my new rad. support for my 390 car was NOS Ford in shipping wrap and had NO brackets. I've since noticed some repops (perhaps all?) have the brackets welded in place already. HC Bob here.