• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Stock radio

erselt

Well I just bought myself a GT/CS and I'm really happy with it. Okay I've owned it a week and already had to replace the master cylinder and radiator just to mention the major stuff. Not complaining though!

My question...what does the stock radio look like for the deluxe interior? Is it just an AM or did it come with 8-track to? My car came with an aftermarket (current/digital) radio and I want to put the stock radio back in.

Thx!

Attachments

• mycs.jpg
    mycs.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 9

bish

You can order a 999 report from Ford that will tell you what your radio came with from the factory. Look at the VIN report link on this site for the info on how to order it.

68sunlitgold

erselt,
The type of radio was not an option with the Interior Decor Group "deluxe interior", so you need to find out what radio came with it. If it was a standard AM radio which was in 87% of 68 mustangs. I attached a pic or a 68 radio, they can be found on ebay for under $20.
Doug

Attachments

• radio3.jpg
    radio3.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
E

erselt

When I went to a Mustang parts store yesterday I was sold an old Philco AM radio, but it doesn't fit, hence my question, etc.
Thanks for the info.

Russ

The photo that sunlitgold sent is a good start for your radio. I believe the radio that is shown is for a '67, not a '68. The AM radio for '68 is a Philco, not Ford, and has black push buttons rather than chrome. If you have a floor console, you will have a challenge finding the correct chrome knobs for volume and tuning, as these are very different than the "non-console" type. Good Luck, Russ

68sunlitgold

As for the console control knobs, try looking under 68 cougar also, I have been able to get them for under $15 when looking for cougar knobs versus mustang.
Doug

xcodegtcs

[quote author=68sunlitgold link=board=1;threadid=283;start=0#msg1392 date=1048864144]
erselt,
The type of radio was not an option with the Interior Decor Group "deluxe interior", so you need to find out what radio came with it. If it was a standard AM radio which was in 87% of 68 mustangs. I attached a pic or a 68 radio, they can be found on ebay for under $20.
Doug
[/quote] Thats a 67' radio, 68's have black buttons. I bet it has a C7 part # on it

OP
OP
E

erselt

Well I couldn't figure out why my "new" '68 Philco wouldn't fit, so I went back to where I bought it. I guess my radio (chrome) bracket thing that has the roll-top door was cut/modified. The two holes where yah put the knobs into have been modified for a non-stock stereo. So...I need to buy a new one. Anyone have ideas of where I can buy the chrome piece & what is the piece called?
Thanks!
P.S. FYI-I was told that the radio image on this thread is from a '67 as well.