• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Due Exhaust Question

JohnnyQuest515

Cuious on how many have the correct dual exhaust setup with resonators and the transverse muffler!?

I have the two turbo style mufflers, sounds okay but wanted more of a period correct setup.

Also, NPD is the closest I can find that isn't an arm and a leg, for those who have deep pockets this is what I wish I could afford...

www.scottfullerreproductions.com

Thanks, Randy

CougarCJ

Only in the planning stage for my exhaust at this point.

Current plan is for 351 exhaust manifolds (on my J code 302 engine), factory looking H pipe, and dual turbo style mufflers with stock looking tips exiting out the GT rear valance.

Ruppstang

Save your money up and get Scotts stuff.

I would agree Scott makes the best. I have correct systems on our 68 fastback and 67 GTA convertable. I got them both from Mustangs Unlimited. The fastback's is very good( 15 years old) but the one on the GTA is not bent right and the muffler hangs a little low (4 years old). I think someone else is making their stuff now. I am going to get a system from Scott for our HCS restoration. Marty

Russ

Scott Fuller's stuff is the best, BUT I didn't know he had the correct exhaust system parts when I ordered the concours factory dual exhaust from NPD in California. The system I got from NPD was excellent and fit exceptionally well. I also ordered the correct hangers and clamps from NPD. The total cost was around $500 and the exhaust sound is terriffic. I would recommend the concours system from NPD of California. Hope this helps, Russ