• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What will you be doing for Christmas??

P

PNewitt

A verry Merry Christmas to you all from the GT/CS Registry!!....as well as a happy celebration for you for all of the holidays!!

This is my Christmas Card to you all, in the spirit of our celebration of another year on this site--as a true family.

I appreciate all that you have done for me this year, the support of the upcoming book, and the support of my mother.

You all have truly put the meaning of "Special" into the words "California Special".

So--what will ''you all" be doing for Christmas? Share your joy with us!

My sincerest thanks....
Paul M. Newitt

Attachments

• pmnxmas.jpg
    pmnxmas.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 34

CougarCJ

Happy Hanukkah and Merry Christmas to all

Thanks for the well wishes Paul.

I am going to Boise, Idaho to spend Christmas with my Mom.

Maybe a white Christmas for me.

koronen

I will be counting away the days till I get to go back to the states =) Other than that, drink some spiked egg nog lol

joedls

I'll be drinking coffe and watching my kids open up their gifts from Santa. That, watching my wife open her gifts, opening a few of my own, cleaning up all the packaging, and having a late breakfast will take up most of the morning.

Later on family will come over and we'll have a feast, eating up (among other things) the homemade tamales my kids and I make every year for Christmas.

Then our kids usually recite poetry for us (some of it written by them) and perform on the piano and their horns (again some of their own compositions).

Generally just a day full of family and decadence, two of my favorite things.

wally05

I don't know... first Christmas in a new house. Probably have some christmas meal with the fam and work on the 68. :)

PFSlim

I am driving my two oldest kids (and dog) to Colorado on Friday. We will stop by Denver to pick up my wife and youngest son as they are flighing instead of the long drive. We will then spend about a week in Estes Park, CO in a cabin in the mountains with plenty of ice skating, sledding, hiking, and pure downtime. No TV, no cell phone, no computer.....

This will be the third time we have made this trip. it is the very best way to re-connect with the family after a long year of constant business travel and being away.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Paul

clubpro

Staying home this year. Son and daughter inlaw coming in from New York. Daughter and two grandchildren coming up from Bakersfield (son inlaw has to work the day after Christmas - bummer!). Good to have our family together again. We'll have way too much food and way too much fun.

I already have my present, I get to go to Carroll Shelby's 85th birthday party in Las Vegas January 11th - 13th and I can't wait!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of my GT/CS family. I am proud to be part of the family!

Ron

robert campbell

Christmas at the Campbell house is similar to Joe. Watching my son and wife open presents with me in between. Late breakfast of “Cinabons” and lots of coffee. I do the barbecue every year. This year will be a prime rib smoked with apple wood. Sure lots of people claim wood smoke, but Rob does it with just apple wood from old trees from the local area. No gas, no briquettes, just wood!! Low and slow and we like it rare!!! Some years it is brisket, and others ribs. Make my own rubs from scratch.

We used to have “New Years” drags. Wife and I would run the black fastback. It is her car and she can throw the gears as good as any man!! M&H slicks and open headers at Bremerton Raceway. She has never lost a race!!! I have lost, but lots of fun!!

Rob

franklinair

We're driving from NC to Cincinatti for Christmas with the kids & grand kids. Always a fun time to spend the holidays with family (and 3 teenagers) for what I consider to be the best time of the year.
Neil

hotrodgrany

I have to work from 8:30 am to 1:30pm. Having my Daughter and her family over for late dinner and opening of gifts and some maybe they will get a game in. I am in hopes the roads and weather ok here. We here in Iowa, want to wish all of you a Blessed Christmas and great New Year. Don & Kathy

Attachments

• !cid_000901c83e7b$985bed40$d682214a@kathy.JPG
    !cid_000901c83e7b$985bed40$d682214a@kathy.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 13

joedls

Anybody wanna come over this weekend and help make tamales? It's a Christmas-time tradition the women in my family have always done. So, when we didn't live near any of my family and I wanted my daughter to be exposed to this tradition, I started making them with her when she was 7 years old. This will be the eighth year I've made them with her. My son joined in when he was 4 and my youngest daughter started a couple of years ago.

We love Christmas around here!!!

rvrtrash

I just got home from being gone for 2 weeks. I was thinking of just relaxing and getting caught up, but there's 5+ feet of snow in the mountains and my skis are calling me. :grin:

Steve

joedls

Anybody wanna come over this weekend and help make tamales? It's a Christmas-time tradition the women in my family have always done. So, when we didn't live near any of my family and I wanted my daughter to be exposed to this tradition, I started making them with her when she was 7 years old. This will be the eighth year I've made them with her. My son joined in when he was 4 and my youngest daughter started a couple of years ago.

We love Christmas around here!!!

Started last night, but still have lots of work left. Any volunteers? :wink:

rvrtrash

If I was within a 100 miles of you, I'd be there to help and I'd be bringing a quart of my homemade salsa! Gotta keep the "family" traditions going, don't you know. :wink:

Dad

CALIF GIRL

JOe,

Wish I could be there helping. But work got me first.

Have a Merry X-mas

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I guess the only help I could offer is by "eating!"

LOL,

Merry Christmas, to Joe and his family. (and to everyone else!)

Paul N.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

A side note....

I just wanted to add that those of you "out there" who read these posts, and may not belong, or participate....a very Merry Christmas (& Happy Holidays) to you, too.

KNOW that if you own a CS, and it's needing help, a restoration, and/or "lots of work"; we are here to help, advise and encourage you to get your CS into shape. Just owning one is more than halfway there! This is about fun, and enthusiasm and excitement!!.

2008 is the 40th Anniversary Year for the GT/CS, and we embrace anyone out there that is hoping to get their CS into better shape (with or without a budget!). We can appreciate all the hard work, and those times when you're on your back on cold concrete working on the rear axle, or engine, etc. There will be difficult times, and just plain "pain in the a--" moments, but it will be for a great cause, and for a great Mustang. Any of the "down days" of hard work on your Mustang is not only appreciated, but understood by most of us that get into it; so, you you need not feel alone....

So--we're thinking of you this holiday season, and we'll be thrilled to see you participate in our discussions.

Welcome to our 40th Anniversary year, 2008!!

CRANK IT UP!
http://www.steppenwolf.com/lyr/brntbwld.html

Paul N..